Line out

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nails at Home

Reaction score
Hi there, I'm quite new to nails and very new to this forum. Pluzzled as to what line out even is. Could someone enlighten me please? :?

Is a resin that is applied to fill lines to camoflage the lifted area.
I 'feel' the key problem with using a resin to hide your fill lines is that you can not properly cleanse or sanitise the area you are adhering. This can lead to yellowing, cracking, breaking, or even greenies. :puke:

IMO its a shortcut that makes a long delay :)

Hi Geek

Does that mean you don't remove the lifted area properly when doing infills but use this product instead? :?

You still have to file the product ready for infill but sometimes you chase the line further and further and feel like you`re not getting anywhere because the line is still apparent.
Lineout is a product that is supposed to hide the line that you may not be able to buff out, it seeps underneath and disguises it. I have used it a few times and after a few weeks i have noticed a discoloration in the overlay. I think its best to persevere buffing out the line. I would be interested in hearing if anyone has had perfect results with this product.

Thanks very much Debbie - was thinking about buying some but you've talked me into persevering in doing what I'm doing already. :rolleyes: I know exactly what you mean though by having to keep "chasing the line" :rolleyes:

I have yet done an acrylic infill and not had to chase a line on at least one nail. Although I`ve been doing nails for 3 years I am relatively new with liquid and powder and I get disheartened about it all the time. Its nice to know others can relate to the problems I`ve had although its nicer to hear positive comments and I feel a lot more positive after finding this forum. Everyone here is so helpful and only a message away when you have a problem.
Debs

Oh you guys ... am I ever going to make your day!! :D

Do you know why you are chasing the line down the nail??? Because you are filing ON TOP of the area that is already lifted instead of filing on the part of the enhancement that is still adhered firmly to the nail. :?

When you file on top of the lift, which is ALREADY loose, you just shake loose everthing below where you are filing and end up chasing the line - as you put it. :(

If you concentrate instead, on filing just BELOW the lifted area (where the product is firmly attached), you won't loosen anything further and when you go through to the natural nail, the lifted bit will just pop off and there will be NO fill lines. No nail damage either. Get it?? :shock:

:idea: Take this little gem of information - use it - and your life as a nail technician will be changed forever.

Thanks very much Geeg - I think I get what you're saying now. But does it take some time to file the non-lifting part before the lifting part falls off? I'd have just thought this would be time consuming - ah, but then again not as time consuming as chasing a line I suppose ;)

I'm glad you asked, becuse it gives me the opportunity to tell you how Creative teach rebalancing! Firstly start by using a good sharp new abrasive always for the rebalance - makes the job much faster and easier.

MOST technicians when faced with a rebalance or 'fill' as some call it look at the nails and go straight for the problem area on each one - i.e. the lift if there is any. And yes, if that is what you do then filing thru the product immediately would be time consuming as you say. BUT if you tackle the job Zone by Zone - in the same way as you would apply the product

starting at Zone 1 (the tip) first and thinning and shortening it -

then zone2 (the stress area) thinning it and checking for any cracks or weak spots, -

then when you get to zone 3 (the cuticle area which is already the thinnest zone anyway, and where the lift will be if there is any) you will already have been thinning it during the process of preparing zones 1 & 2, so the job will be much easier when you start to work on that area.

One thing you must look at is whether or not you are getting more lift on your product than you should be. Newbies always get lifting at the sides and the cutical area because they go too near or touch the skin with the product in the first place. Sometimes the lift is due to product being applied to thickly (another part of your learning curve). Keep a small space free of product when you apply and lift will become a thing of the past or at least a rarity. there are some good threads on lifting on the board - have a look at them too.

http://www.samuelsweet.com/HowTos/reb_FilePrep.php

Geeg and Geek - thanks very much I'm gonna try these new methods as soon as I do my next set of maintenance nails - your help is very appreciated :)

I had my training in college with nsi products and I have to say a not too clever tutor it seems on hindsight. Thanks very much for enlightening me on chasing my line, I will change the way i do infills from now on. What grit would you advise to use on infills for acrylic.
Debs

I've got some of that Line-Out stuff and ya know what? The more I read this board the quicker I want to save my pennies and do the Creative training!

Once it's explained what a product does it seems so simple! I'm gonna chuck out my Line-Out and get the file back out!

Kx

A 180/240 abrasive is a great allrounder for rebalancing.
Use the 180 side to do the bulk of the work, and switch to the 240 side as you get down to the natural nail as the last little bit flakes away. Remember to keep it movin' so as not to cause any fires!!

glad the help and advice is useful to y'all! ;)

Once it's explained what a product does it seems so simple! I'm gonna chuck out my Line-Out and get the file back out!

It's funny really how many of us have tried or have wanted to try Line Out. I to have some in my box, but having read so much information on this board, I not only don't want to use it but actually don't need to use it anymore.

So thanks everyone
Dellie

Thanks Geeg for for all your advice. I have just done an infill using your advice and for the first time I didn`t have to chase my (only 1 small piece) line of lift. I stopped using line out after a handful of times as I wasn`t impressed with the product but thanks to you I now no longer need it. Although I have a VTCT and NVQ I am going to do the creative training as I think it will help me enormously. I`m not even going to do the conversion, I am going full hog and do the whole works and am confident in getting what I want from the company from training to back up.
Thanks again.
Debs

Gigi,

In case you haven't been told, "You are the bomb!"

Thank you for the insight you've shared here. :)

Hi

Ive tried pasting this link in and trying to find it myself but no joy ... can you help me find it please

thanks

kx
The Nail Geek said:
http://www.samuelsweet.com/HowTos/reb_FilePrep.php

i read the post about 'chasing the line' and got so excited cos i could help on this one ...i was ready to type away...geeg you bet me to it LOL...great advise! I was lucky to kinda work it out by accident on my own nails a few years back and then the advise was confirmed on my creative conversion course and it sure does work :biggrin:

hi all

help!! im new to nails too and dread doing infills. we have been taught how to apply enhancements but i feel we do not get taught enough on infills. how long should it take me to do a full infill treatment. i always seem to end up with ghost lines - any tips please?

thanks wyliekit x

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back