Lint - Free Nail Wipes!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xAnnaBannAx

Reaction score
Is it just me...or does anyone else find them really annoying! I know they dont leave any fluff behind BUT they just arent as good as the real thing..!

I find they just rip then fall apart and dont hold enough product. To remove polish i use cosmetic wipes from tesco :lol:

Ami

I use non woven wax strips cut up. One pack of 100 strips gives you 400 nail wipes.

I have found that mundo's lint free gauze wipes are excellant too.

Aston & Fincher do a pack of lint free nail wipes (highly absorbent) 200 per pack £1.50 a pack! I think they are great!

I picked some up from the Beauty Exhibition from SalonServe, which are excellent, they can even be used to mop up spillages without tearing or ripping. And they were very resonably priced too. :Grope:

best wipes i have used to date are from sallys...Caress i think they are called...about 1.99 for a bag of 200....i love the ones from Mundo too but find it easier and cheaper to pick the Caress ones up from my local Sally's.

Hi, what are they called? as my wipe are crap, they leave fibra on the gel brush.
Nicky

best wipes i have used to date are from sallys...Caress i think they are called...about 1.99 for a bag of 200....i love the ones from Mundo too but find it easier and cheaper to pick the Caress ones up from my local Sally's.

i use the caress ones they are the best i have found

I think I'm going to try some of these brands. The ones I've tried so far are from OPI which are the one thats rip, and LCN ones - those are REALLY bad wouldnt reccomend those at all. I have just bought some salon sytem ones will have to give those a try too.

Ami

I dont have problems with them ripping or tearing..its the way the bottom layer sticks to the nail and the top layer moves when your wiping off polish for example

I picked some up from the Beauty Exhibition from SalonServe, which are excellent, they can even be used to mop up spillages without tearing or ripping. And they were very resonably priced too. :Grope:
I bought these too, they are very good...and a very good price and also big enough to fold twice into a neat little square
Love em;

I really like the Caress ones as well.......

Has anyone tried using good quality napkins cut into sqaures?

I was going to try this as I am fed up with (most nail wipes) leaving fibres on the polish. It is especially annoying when doing french polish as the fibres stick to the brush and then contaminate the bottle:irked:.

Anna and I JUST started to try using good quality napkins for wipes. Before we were using Kirkland paper towel. They used to be REALLY good. But like most manufacturer's they tend to use cheaper materials after awhile to cut down on costs. So the past few times we have bought them they leave a massive amount of lint, such a pain.

I use wipes from "hands down"...... but Ive also used those paper towels that mechanic use....( don't know what there called :rolleyes:) but they are highly absorbent and leave no lint-y pieces every where .....just cut them up to the size I need ....

I dont have problems with them ripping or tearing..its the way the bottom layer sticks to the nail and the top layer moves when your wiping off polish for example

I don't use them for removing polish, I use cotton wool pads for that (Asda ones) as the lint free wipes are more pricey. I just use lint free for 'squeaking' before painting and of course when using gels. Hth's

I don't use them for removing polish, I use cotton wool pads for that (Asda ones) as the lint free wipes are more pricey. I just use lint free for 'squeaking' before painting and of course when using gels. Hth's

Ditto that Zoe .... same here.

Cant beat the Hands Down Ultra Pads, I buy them by the bag full. (cut them in half they go twice as far!)

The ones I've tried so far are from OPI which are the one thats rip

I just wanted to say I completly disagree with this statement, I love the OPI lint free wipes wouldnt use anything else!

caress ones for me too - get the odd fibre hanging around now and again but on the whole they are fab.

Every time i pass sallys i get about 6 packs at a time:green:

Love em !

Good to use on your face too (removing cleanser/toner)! they have a slight exfloliating feel to them !

Latest posts

Back