Lint free pads leaving bits

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TracyS

Reaction score
Evening geeks,

So I'm having a problem with lint free pads leaving bits on the nails when preping for shellac. I use scrub fresh, squeak til the nails are squealing iykwim but when applying the base coat there are always little bits on the nails creating tiny bumps and it's driving me mad!

I guess I'm asking a) which brand of pads do you swear by and b) any hints on erradicating this annoying problem!

Should add it use a nail brush prior to scrub fresh to remove debris too.

Thank you

Frustrated From Newcastle! (T.x)

SORRY BUT.....Same problem here too! I use 'hands down??

Me too!! I'm so fed up of trying new ones that are as bad as the last!!
False advertising :(
I'd love to hear of anyone with some positive advice xx

I had same problem with some i got from capital so i have been using just normal cotton pads (not the embossed ones) it Seems to do the trick & no fluffy bits are left behind :)

There prob are some fab lint free ones out there... Jus trial & error i guess xxx

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

I was having this problem too then a friend said the hands down pads need to be saturated and this stops fluff. Seems to work pretty well but still get the off bit every now and then. Not sure what the solution to every single bit though.

I use NSI lint free pads and Hands Down as well and have no problems with lint with either.

Yes, I agree that way too many companies are getting away with saying their pads are lint free, when they definitely are not.

I've taken to cutting up Bounty (or similar) paper towels and the fluffy bits have stopped. HTH!

I too use HANDS DOWN and have the same problem >:/

I use opi ones, they come in a box, completely lint free

After I've read several times how well paper towels work I gave them a try. Swear by them now. Wouldn't use anything use and very economical.:biggrin:

Hya girlies I used to hate this!! I found a way around it. There's paper nail wipes there perfect, the so called lint free ones are just absolutely pointless as they leave more bits than a cotton wool pad , if u need a link of where to buy the paper ones let me know xxx

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using SalonGeek

Evening geeks,

So I'm having a problem with lint free pads leaving bits on the nails when preping for shellac. I use scrub fresh, squeak til the nails are squealing iykwim but when applying the base coat there are always little bits on the nails creating tiny bumps and it's driving me mad!

I guess I'm asking a) which brand of pads do you swear by and b) any hints on erradicating this annoying problem!

Should add it use a nail brush prior to scrub fresh to remove debris too.

Thank you

Frustrated From Newcastle! (T.x)

Hi
I had a similar problem so started using cut up squares of kitchen towel but it still happened. Then I realised the bits were actually in my Shellac base coat (tried sieving it and could clearly see the bits but particles were so small it didnt work).

When I asked my CND Educator she said it was because I wasnt shaking it enough. By this time I had purchased another base coat and haven't dared to try the other bottle in case it happens again.

I had the same problem until I started using soft landings. They're quite big so I cut each one in half. No more fuzzes!

Soft landings are fab, no bits & I cut them in to 4 pieces so they are really economical :)

I use bio sculpture lint free wipes and there great 😀

I also after many years of trying use bounty kitchen towel cut into neat little squares I've never had a long problem since !

I use Regina lint free paper towel cut up into little squares when I prep with scrubfresh. It is a thicker paper towel (its blue and white, reminiscent of a j cloth) and it doesn't disintegrate when scrubbing. I then use up my lint free wipes (the ones that look like medical wipes) when I wipe off the inhibition layer. Hth x

I use Tammy Taylor Towelette’s which are fantastic. I was using Handsdown and they are good, however I like her's better! They are super soft.

I also use the OPI lint free pads. I have discovered though that the bleached waxing strips are made from the same material so i buy those and just cut them up, more for your money!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using SalonGeek

I use the roll of paper ones from Ellisons. They come in little tiny rectangles in a big roll and are really cheap. When I used the soft cottony lint free pads I too had this problem. Now I use these they have stopped it completely. I fold in half length ways, then again to make a little folded 'point' an use that to really scrub with. It works really well. Hope this helps :)

Latest posts

Back