Lint free wipes or cotton pads for cleansing gels?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Flash Tan

Reaction score
I use Gelish but am struggling to find good cotton pads that don't leave any fibres behind!

Any recommendations would be great!

Hi I use cotton pads from Sally's they seem to work just fine xx

What Do you use the cotton pads for?

I dry brush the foundation with a decent gel brush ( which is used for dry brushing and nothing else) and the best lint free product I've found is a 'well known' Kitchen towel brand which I cut into squares....

I use the white cloth waxing strips. They seem to work better than any "lint free" wipe I've used.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using SalonGeek mobile app

I use wax paper strips cut into 4s, best thing I've used.

I use them to cleanse the nails before PH Bond and after top it off. Always finding little bits of fluff when painting on gel polish - so annoying!

Thanks for your answers ladies x

I use Bounty paper towels cut into squares. Truly lint free!

I actually use medical gauze...not sure if anyone else does...but I buy it from a medical supplier and I pay around $1 canadian per pack of 200 12ply gauze wipes..barely any lint! I was so annoyed with the ones I used to use..I have used the hands down, dannyco and was always dealing with lint.. My coworker gave me some of her gauze to try out and I haven't looked back since! I highly suggest it!

I also use the gauze pads in packs of 200 and have throughout my pro career. I don't think there is anything better for all the jobs I do in the salon with them. I prefer the slightly rough surface which is so effective for both cleansing the nails and for speedy removal of polish and they hold the right amount of remover to get the whole job done instead of pumping away at the remover with paper that doesn't hold enough and goes slippery and smears the polish. JMHO

I use gauze for polish removal etc, I only use waxing paper for removing the inhibition layer and use plastic backed pads for scrub fresh etc.

I use the little square tear off wipes that come in a big roll of 500 from the wholesalers. Their proper name is cellulose squares and they are the only wipes I've found that hold enough liquid (I found kitchen roll too thin) and are truly lint free. Dead cheap too.

I buy supposed lint free wipes and they still leave bits behind. Is the gauze you all use literally the stuff you would pack a wound with? X

I also use the gauze pads in packs of 200 and have throughout my pro career. I don't think there is anything better for all the jobs I do in the salon with them. I prefer the slightly rough surface which is so effective for both cleansing the nails and for speedy removal of polish and they hold the right amount of remover to get the whole job done instead of pumping away at the remover with paper that doesn't hold enough and goes slippery and smears the polish. JMHO

I second this opinion xx

I actually use medical gauze...not sure if anyone else does...but I buy it from a medical supplier and I pay around $1 canadian per pack of 200 12ply gauze wipes..barely any lint! I was so annoyed with the ones I used to use..I have used the hands down, dannyco and was always dealing with lint.. My coworker gave me some of her gauze to try out and I haven't looked back since! I highly suggest it!

Could you PM me the supplier Hun?? That's an amazing price!

I use gel sponges they great :)

Where can you get gauze pads?

Latest posts

Back