Lip wax on 13 year old girl?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xoxo

Reaction score
Would you wax a 13 year old girls upper lip?! Advise please.
What is the best method of hair removal on a young girl with dark hair growth?

Thanks x

I wouldent no because. I think when u get ur upper lip waxed you have to keep upto it especially with her having a dark hair growth , if its abnormal refer her to her gp for a blood test to see if her hormones are level if necessary, it could just be puberty etc and could get better x

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using SalonGeek

i have a 13 year old girl that comes to me for eyebrows and wanted her lip done too, i suggested to her mum that she try bleaching it first as the other geek said once you start you have to keep it up. So far this has been ok for her and the mum was pleased about my honesty too!

Would you wax a 13 year old girls upper lip?! Advise please.
What is the best method of hair removal on a young girl with dark hair growth?

Thanks x

Yes I would wax a 13 year old girl. Dark body and facial hair can make teenagers incredibly self-conscious and I would want to help. The only thing I would want to make sure is that she has started her periods as I was advised at college that if you start waxing a girl before she has started puberty, it can make the hair growth thicker.

Of course you would need parental consent, check with your insurance company that they are happy for you to carry out the treatment and make sure she understands that she is not to shave or whatever between treatments.

A suitable alternative would be to bleach the hair.

HTH
PB
x

I would definitely wax a 13 year old's upper lip ... no one wants hair there no matter how old or young you are especailly if its dark.

The only thing I can say about bleaching is that bleached hair on the upper lip is no more attractive than dark hair, just a teeny tiny miniscule bit less obvious.

Hair on the upper lip is hair whatever colour it is lol.

I'd rather my 13 year old be waxed at a salon then be like me at that age and burn her upper lip and eyebrows with Veet hair remover ;)

Just been asked the same thing but to thread rather than wax the top lip of a 13 year old. Going to check with our insurers...it's the daughter of a friend but none the less I'd rather be sure. My own daughter is dark and we had threading done when she was a similar age. My view was that if it improved her anxieties and her quality of life then why not?

No and I shout it from the roof tops.If this child is white even more of a no as there is no ethnicity reason.

Hormones can do this and it can settle down and be no trouble in the future and I speak from experience

If you wax you are removing as well as the dark hair the downy hairs in between.Waxing can sometimes make hair diminish but it can also make it
worse it can also make more permanent solutions like laser and electrolysis less effective in the future.With waxing people also have to have a period of time where the hair has to grow young women would not want to wait for the hair to grow they want to be hair free this may resort to them shaving.They do it all the time with their legs.

The only recommendation for hairy lips in my view for girls that young is bleaching and pursuade them to wait until hormones settle.Sometimes testosterone overtakes a bit but this can truly settle.

If the hair is still very visible then light laser I do not ever wax you can never be sure it won't make things worse in the long run.Who wants to be in their twenties with a moustache problem.

Also, who wants to be 13 with a moustache problem.

I cannot say I have observed many hairy lipped youngsters become 20 years old with a miraculously hair free lip because their hormones have settled.

Different views and opinions, gotta love Salon Geek :wink2:

Also, who wants to be 13 with a moustache problem.

I cannot say I have observed many hairy lipped youngsters become 20 years old with a miraculously hair free lip because their hormones have settled.

Different views and opinions, gotta love Salon Geek :wink2:

I have to agree here.

I started using hair removal cream at around this age and wish someone had just told me to suck it up and get my lip waxed as its so much better! I got a very hard time of it when i started high school as i had a 'tash'. I didn't start waxing until i started college two and a half years ago and have never looked back.

Im now 19 and no longer paranoid about people staring at my lip. It doesn't grow in thicker or darker.

So yes i would also wax a 13 year old.

Vicki :) xx

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

Laser is the way forward for faces if your hair is dark nowadays not waxing but research the different machines.

I would with parent permission, in fact I have done a 13 yr old and a 14 yr old just in the past week (their first one each - both were thrilled). Both are darker skin toned with very noticeable dark hair on their lip. Neither suitable for bleaching - I have seen girls with darker skin tones with a ridiculous looking blond mo and felt so sorry for them. Neither suitable for IPL as their complexion was too dark, waxing was perfect solution for them.
If the girls are self-concious about it and their parent is happy for them to have the treatment, I don't see a problem.

I would and I have. I have a 13-14 year old for this. She was getting teased at school and her mum asked if I would do it. It's no different to eyebrows I don't think? She just gets both done now instead of just the brows and her lips don't look any hairier when they grow in than they did to start with :)

If you don't do it, someone else will.
Better someone who knows what they're doing, do the job.
I would usually test patch for wax in a different area and then test the very edges of the upper lip before getting them in for the whole thing.
You must really make sure the area is clean and that they don't touch it after ( especially with a 13 year old, as they dont always pay attention to instruction)

Thanks for your views.
She was an Asian girl, the hair growth was quite dark and noticeable I did wax it in the end, if I didn't her mother was going to bleach it which would of looked terrible!

I have to disagree with the posts that say once you start waxing your lip you have to keep waxing it ie the waxing does something to the hair to change it and make it blacker, stronger etc. I dont think it does. Hair is hair and what I think happens is people start to notice it around the time hormones are acting on it and turning it coarse or darker. So they start to wax it and the hormones keep doing what they were doing and it gets darker and coarser. Waxing gets the blame but the hair would do it anyway. Body and face hair change as we age.

I would do it after doing all
Insurance checks etc. I done my cousins when she was 13 and told her that if she started touching it and didn't follow my aftercare and ended up with spots then I wouldn't do it again for her! This was enough of an incentive For her to stick to the aftercare as she didn't want to go back to walking around with a moustache! I have a feeling my other cousin will be the same, she is only 8 though bless her, she has a very obvious moustache, hairy arms, hairy legs (the boys ask her why her legs are hairier than theirs), hairy back, everything! And she hasn't even hit puberty yet, so if she's anything like me, it's only going to get worse bless her. So when she is at a suitable age I will wax her IF her hair bothers her.

XxxX

I have a 13 yr old for eyebrows and her mum recently asked if she thought we should do her upper lip,I assessed her lip and said not to yet as the hair is fair and you can't see anything. I also mentioned the potential for spots in the area and advised only to wax it if it becomes an issue.

if it was dark i would wax though-I would rather wax than leave a girl open to being teased or trying drastic measures such as shaving it off!

I think it's a bit of a personal choice but make sure you get her mum or dad to sign a disclaimer before touching her.

I suggest maybe threading it? Might hurt a bit more but it's perhaps a better option for a young girl in regards to there skin.

I mean how would we have felt being that age with that problem??

Yeah it could be caused from a medical condition but it could also just something she has inherited

Xx

I would check with my insurers and get the parents to sign a disclaimer but I would wax her. I remember at 15 some kind boyfriend pointing out my upper lip hair and then walking around holding my hand over my lip for quite a long while afterwards, lol

Latest posts

Back