lipotrim diet update

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Delisnails

Reaction score
Hi

Here is an update on mine and my hubbys progress on the above diet, which is like the cambridge diet.

It has been a very hard week, more so for no alcohol than no food, anyway we went to our weight in on Wednesday and in our first week I have lost 9lb which I though was really good, my hubby has lost 22lb!!!! I cant believe how much he has lost, although he is really struggling as I do believe that obesity is like alcoholism its and addiction so all he thinks about all day is food, only a couple more weeks and we can start to re feed then do the maintenance but so far so good.

will keep you updated

Delisnails said:
Hi

Here is an update on mine and my hubbys progress on the above diet, which is like the cambridge diet.

It has been a very hard week, more so for no alcohol than no food, anyway we went to our weight in on Wednesday and in our first week I have lost 9lb which I though was really good, my hubby has lost 22lb!!!! I cant believe how much he has lost, although he is really struggling as I do believe that obesity is like alcoholism its and addiction so all he thinks about all day is food, only a couple more weeks and we can start to re feed then do the maintenance but so far so good.

will keep you updated

A huge congrats to you both on your progress !!!! :hug:

What does this diet entail ?

:eek: :eek: omg, 22lb, thats alot to loose in such a short timescale...
for u, 9lb is great too...
its a shame he is thinking of food too much, to be expected though...he may need to find something else to occupy his mind...(hard i know..)

i wish u both the best of luck, and good for u both for being pro active...life is short enough, without us adding the pressures on our bodies (i need to get another 2 stone off, lost 2), you should both be proud of yourselves!:hug:

so tell us about the diet...sounds good...(well, i mean, sounds like its working..)

thanks for your comments.

Its called Lipotrim and its more common down south than up here, it started as a diet that doctors prescribed but now you can go to certain chemists and they can put you on it.

It is not something that is easy as you are not allowed to eat any food at all, and you can only drink black tea or coffee and from 4 pints of water a day, I generally have about 9 so you can imagine how many times I am on the toilet.

You have three shakes a day that are a powder that you have to mix with water, there is vanilla, strawberry and chocolate, but trust me they are not like a milkshake, the chocolate is the best and the vanilla is ok if you mix it with cold coffee and lots of ice. It costs £30 a week, which sounds expensive but we are actually saving as you dont need food, alcohol or takeaways. The diet after a week puts your body in ketosis which is the same as the atkins diet, and what happens is your body gets its energy from your fat stores and not your food intake.

The great thing about it is you are not really hungry, the downside is the first week is the hardest as you feel yuk and also as you are not actually eating food you start to become a bit obsessed, your sense of smell seems to get better too as you can smell food from everywhere. My hardest time is when I am cooking and feeding the children but I have managed to resist. My hubby suffers mainly at weekend when we normally have takeaways etc.

Once you have got down to the weight you need to then you re feed and then go on a maintenance diet which is low fat and includes a maintenance shake so you do not eat masses of food.

I know lots of people will not agree with this diet but everyone is different some prefer these as you know you can not eat anything so you dont tend to cheat. Once I come off it I will concentrate on eating healthy with the odd treat to keep it off but at least the hard work will have been done.

thanks again for you comments, sorry if I have waffled a bit, pm me if you need to know anything further

I started lipotrim six weeks ago and have lost 1 1/2 stone so far.... first heard about this from my sister who went on it, I asked her how she managed not to eat, she said it was easy - I didn't believe her. now that im on it i've realised the shakes increase my thirst, so all I want to do is drink ice cold water all the time which makes me feel full up. had a couple of negative reactions from people at work, so I have to keep it quiet, although my husband is being really supportive by not eating chocolate treats in front of me. I wish I'd tried it months ago now. last week I lost 7 lbs, if I keep this up I will be below 10 stone - haven't been that weight for years! I think the best thing about it is the diet takes away all food choices so I don't have to think about food - good cos' I like to pick at food. found it quite easy to deal with preparing my the family meals, I'm not tempted to cheat, as the motivation for me to carry on is the weight loss I've already acheived. think Im getting smaller by the day. Im sure once I come off the diet, I won't go back to my old eating habits - what a waste of money that would be. I can't recommend this diet highly enough to anyone who's thinking about going on it.

What happens when you reach your desired weight? DO they have a long term maintainance plan or diet to follow?

Yes, and the pharmacist really helps you. Roxy its amazing you have done it for 7 weeks, but I do agree with everything you have said it works for me because it takes the choice of food away, how much have you lost in 7 weeks

Delisnails said:
Yes, and the pharmacist really helps you. Roxy its amazing you have done it for 7 weeks, but I do agree with everything you have said it works for me because it takes the choice of food away, how much have you lost in 7 weeks

sorry did not read it properly = put it down to tired and lack of food hehe

does any chemist sell it...

I have done atkins, and lost almost 3 stone on it last year...though i then went back to old ways and put 1 stone back on...

I like the idea of this with no thoughts to make food, as on atkins, i was always thinking how to be inventive with my dinners etc...

ps - are u really not hungry on it???

I have a confession to make we went out last night to the races and ended up having some nachos, I was so looking forward to them but when I actually ate them they were lovely but I did not enjoy them like I thought I would it was really weird also weighed myself this morning and have put on a 1lb so in a way having a cheat has been good cause I did not particularly enjoy it so it will hopefully help me stick to it more.

Anyway Michelle, you are not particulary hungry, I can not say that you feel full 100% of the time but I am not has hungry like when I have done other diets. I did atkins and put it all back on and more I also felt rubbish eating so much meat. This you feel great after the first week, the first week is hard as you get headaches and feel very lethargic, there is a website just type in lipotrim in a search engine and it will come up, its not a brill website but it will give you a list of chemists that do the diet. PM me if you are struggling to find one, and well done for only putting a stone back on.

Well done on your weight loss, but becareful because I've heard it's not good to lose weight rapidly.

MHO is everyone is different and what works for one doesnt work for another, so you go girl!
I'm doing weight watchers and have lost 2andhalf stone in 11 weeks.

thats fab, I have done weight watchers and it worked for a while then just stopped, I dont think it helped that the lady doing the meetings was so far up her own back.... if you know what I mean. There were people who had been going for a year and weighed the same and her attitude was that was fine at least they had not put on when I thought you went to lose weight, they used to sit with half a lager and a packet of crisps once wieghed and she never commented.

Delisnails said:
thats fab, I have done weight watchers and it worked for a while then just stopped, I dont think it helped that the lady doing the meetings was so far up her own back.... if you know what I mean. There were people who had been going for a year and weighed the same and her attitude was that was fine at least they had not put on when I thought you went to lose weight, they used to sit with half a lager and a packet of crisps once wieghed and she never commented.
That's good for her then because she's going to make money off of them forever!
I'm very luck the lady who runs the one I go to is very supportive. She sends you little notes at home to say well done.
Keep us up to date with how your getting on.

WOW thats awesome flower - keep it up

well done... it sounds like you are happy with this diet! and well done to hubby to! :hug:

i have done a search for my nearest pharmacy and its miles away. is there another way of doing it. i need to lose at least four stone.

Just to let you know that I have been weighed again today and have lost another 31b, not bad considering I cheated with a mexican and some alcopops, so its onto week 3 now. My hubby has lost another 4lb but he has decided to re feed so has been having a shake then salads which is better for him.

sarah147 said:
i have done a search for my nearest pharmacy and its miles away. is there another way of doing it. i need to lose at least four stone.

I dont think there is, maybe you can contact the lipotrim help line You have to have a medical questionaire done at the beginning then every week the pharmacist weighs you etc then gives you your shakes for the following week as well as answering any questions you may have, sorry I cant be more help. I will ask next wednesday to see if sarah at the chemist I go to knows of another way and will let you know.

help number is 0800-413735

We as requested here is my latest update.

This week I have lost a further 6lb so I have lost a total of 18lb in 3 weeks I cant believe the difference in me and I feel great, the cravings etc. have all gone now and I find it quite easy to follow although still crave an odd glass of wine but I have resisted this week, going to do a couple more weeks then go onto the re feed which is low fat eating but at least I am eating to maintain the weight than lose more. As for hubby he has now lost 30lb even though her only did a week on the diet properly he now just has a shake for breakfast, salad for lunch and a low fat meal for tea so he is doing very well on it too.

Delisnails said:
We as requested here is my latest update.

This week I have lost a further 6lb so I have lost a total of 18lb in 3 weeks I cant believe the difference in me and I feel great, the cravings etc. have all gone now and I find it quite easy to follow although still crave an odd glass of wine but I have resisted this week, going to do a couple more weeks then go onto the re feed which is low fat eating but at least I am eating to maintain the weight than lose more. As for hubby he has now lost 30lb even though her only did a week on the diet properly he now just has a shake for breakfast, salad for lunch and a low fat meal for tea so he is doing very well on it too.
Well done to both of you, sounds like it really works for you.
Keep it up hun.

Latest posts

Back