Quantcast

Lipstick problems

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

ChelleConnor

Reaction score
Hi Girls!
I duno if I should post this here or in Chit Chat but I need help with Lipstick.
I want to start wearing it and I want a long lasting colour, you know the ones where you can kiss your boyfriend and it wont come off.
I have a problem though... I usually have dry lips and I always apply vaseline, carmex etc. Sometimes they are soft but usually they are dry. When I apply lipstick (a nude pink colour) it always looks bad. The colour clings to creases in my lips and it just looks odd.
I wana start wearing a deep red but how can I wear it so it looks perfect? Is there some sort of primer or smoother?
I am olive skin with dark hair and dark eyes so suggestions on a red colour would be nice also x

beauty_sarah

Reaction score
Exfoliate ur lips with an old tooth brush and some balm, apply ur balm afterwards and blott, then apply ur lip stick x

lea2721

Reaction score
i had the same problems i exfoliate with tootg brush apply a lil bit of vasaline then apply lipstick blot about 4 times with a tissue then reapply lipstick blot again till not much comes of tissue i then apply a lipstick lock coat on top and that will last me at least 9 hours eating drinking without a smudge and they also stay smooth .. and the lipstick top coat is 5 pound and comes in a clear bottle irs fab and i always use rimmel lipstick :) hope this helps

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

lea2721

Reaction score
and when i use that top coat and follow that routine not a smudge comes off which is great my lil girl gets annoyed though cause she cant understand why when i kiss her it doea not come of lol and also regarding the colour i arnt to sure maybe sum one else might but best way i have found is try a few on till you get the right shade in shop x

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

Andrea85

Reaction score
You've given the answer to your dry lip problem - do not use vaseline or carmex! Avoid anything petroleum based as it will only make your lips dry in the long run.

beauty_sarah

Reaction score
Carmex does not dry ur lips, I'm on acutane and it's the only thing that helps x

EmilyJ

Reaction score
I do all if the above steps but after I apply my vaseline I use a bit of conceiler to fill in the creases in my lips and even the surface out, hope this helps.
Emily x

linzi

Reaction score
Carmex does not dry ur lips, I'm on acutane and it's the only thing that helps x
No, I'm afraid mineral oils don't moisturise the skin - and the lanolin in carmex is a mineral oil.

They may feel superficially lubricated but the oil just sits on top of the skin and prevents moisturise leaving - which is better than nothing, I guess but if you don't use it, you'll be back to where you started. It doesn't penetrate the skin and that's why we can use petroleum jelly as a barrier cream during eyelash tints, etc. Other products (humectants) actually encourage moisture to be drawn into the skin.

I used to go through carmex like no ones business until I found benefit's lipscription which had AHAs, Vitamin E, jojoba oils and other yummies :Love:

beauty_sarah

Reaction score
No, I'm afraid mineral oils don't moisturise the skin - and the lanolin in carmex is a mineral oil.

They may feel superficially lubricated but the oil just sits on top of the skin and prevents moisturise leaving - which is better than nothing, I guess but if you don't use it, you'll be back to where you started. It doesn't penetrate the skin and that's why we can use petroleum jelly as a barrier cream during eyelash tints, etc. Other products (humectants) actually encourage moisture to be drawn into the skin.

I used to go through carmex like no ones business until I found benefit's lipscription which had AHAs, Vitamin E, jojoba oils and other yummies :Love:
Oh I might try that one, thank u x

beauty_sarah

Reaction score

It's been discontinued!

tranquility 77

Reaction score
Lanolin is from sheep's wool and is a totally natural product.

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using SalonGeek

Latest posts