Lipstick problems

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChelleConnor

Reaction score
Hi Girls!
I duno if I should post this here or in Chit Chat but I need help with Lipstick.
I want to start wearing it and I want a long lasting colour, you know the ones where you can kiss your boyfriend and it wont come off.
I have a problem though... I usually have dry lips and I always apply vaseline, carmex etc. Sometimes they are soft but usually they are dry. When I apply lipstick (a nude pink colour) it always looks bad. The colour clings to creases in my lips and it just looks odd.
I wana start wearing a deep red but how can I wear it so it looks perfect? Is there some sort of primer or smoother?
I am olive skin with dark hair and dark eyes so suggestions on a red colour would be nice also x

Exfoliate ur lips with an old tooth brush and some balm, apply ur balm afterwards and blott, then apply ur lip stick x

i had the same problems i exfoliate with tootg brush apply a lil bit of vasaline then apply lipstick blot about 4 times with a tissue then reapply lipstick blot again till not much comes of tissue i then apply a lipstick lock coat on top and that will last me at least 9 hours eating drinking without a smudge and they also stay smooth .. and the lipstick top coat is 5 pound and comes in a clear bottle irs fab and i always use rimmel lipstick :) hope this helps

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

and when i use that top coat and follow that routine not a smudge comes off which is great my lil girl gets annoyed though cause she cant understand why when i kiss her it doea not come of lol and also regarding the colour i arnt to sure maybe sum one else might but best way i have found is try a few on till you get the right shade in shop x

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

You've given the answer to your dry lip problem - do not use vaseline or carmex! Avoid anything petroleum based as it will only make your lips dry in the long run.

Carmex does not dry ur lips, I'm on acutane and it's the only thing that helps x

I do all if the above steps but after I apply my vaseline I use a bit of conceiler to fill in the creases in my lips and even the surface out, hope this helps.
Emily x

Carmex does not dry ur lips, I'm on acutane and it's the only thing that helps x
No, I'm afraid mineral oils don't moisturise the skin - and the lanolin in carmex is a mineral oil.

They may feel superficially lubricated but the oil just sits on top of the skin and prevents moisturise leaving - which is better than nothing, I guess but if you don't use it, you'll be back to where you started. It doesn't penetrate the skin and that's why we can use petroleum jelly as a barrier cream during eyelash tints, etc. Other products (humectants) actually encourage moisture to be drawn into the skin.

I used to go through carmex like no ones business until I found benefit's lipscription which had AHAs, Vitamin E, jojoba oils and other yummies :Love:

No, I'm afraid mineral oils don't moisturise the skin - and the lanolin in carmex is a mineral oil.

They may feel superficially lubricated but the oil just sits on top of the skin and prevents moisturise leaving - which is better than nothing, I guess but if you don't use it, you'll be back to where you started. It doesn't penetrate the skin and that's why we can use petroleum jelly as a barrier cream during eyelash tints, etc. Other products (humectants) actually encourage moisture to be drawn into the skin.

I used to go through carmex like no ones business until I found benefit's lipscription which had AHAs, Vitamin E, jojoba oils and other yummies :Love:

Oh I might try that one, thank u x

It's been discontinued!

Lanolin is from sheep's wool and is a totally natural product.

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using SalonGeek

Latest posts

Back