Lipsticks for brides?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

applepie

Reaction score
I know there have been lots of threads about make up lately but I have a slightly different Q, hope some of you have some ideas on!

I tend to use a collection of my fav products from Lancome, Mac, Lauder, Benefit etc for client make up as I prefer to do this rather than be tied to a whole range. I also don't have enough call for make up to buy into a specific brand either so find this works well for me at the mo. (plus how do you choose make up colours without seeing actual products first?!)

The problem I have is when it comes to lipstick & especially for brides as they really need to have their own one in same colour I use for top ups later.

It's not ideal to send them off to buy their own so I am wondering does anyone have any suggestions for a lipstick brand (a really good one!) I could use that I can retail too without having a minimum order, having to buy a kit etc. Also, any recommendations for good bridal specific lippy colours too would be great (am always buying new ones & then changing my mind about them!)

Also, does anyone have any ideas for how to give a small sample of lipstick for a client to use later if all else fails?

Thanks loads for any helpful advice. xx

I'm the same as you not enough call for make-up to purchace one brand or retail.
I give lipstick to use on the day......... Here's how.... I lip brush (disposable) & small amount of lipstick in the pot from DIY hair dye gloves like nice & easy. I've also asked brides to provide lipstick as I dont retail, and nobody seems to mind, I just explain that I dont retail make-up because I'm mobile

You could useone of the 'All day' fixed lipsticks - an OTC version of which would be Max Factor Lipfinity. These do stay in place all day but need lipgloss over the top. And then you could retails the gloss.

I love MAC's version of the fixed lipstick best...Pro Longwear - for anyone, not just brides. the colour stays put all day and gloss is very moisturising. It comes in so many gorgeous shades....and has a shimmery lustre version too.

Just a thought-if a bride is wearing a veil over their face it's probably best for them to apply gloss after the veil has been lifted or they will get stuck to it!:eek:

Just a thought-if a bride is wearing a veil over their face it's probably best for them to apply gloss after the veil has been lifted or they will get stuck to it!:eek:

Mmmm...that'll look pretty in the photo's! Actually the MAC gloss isn't very sticky at all, but I get your point!

I reccomend lip finity or mabelline (spelling ???)

But I do carry lots of nude lip colours (bare escentuals) and retail this to the bride if they like the colour. If I dont have the retail item but have a colour they love - I just press a little onto some paper and let her go and find the colour.

Most brides like pinks and glosses

I discuss this with brides (and bridesmaids/guests if necessary) at their trial. I give them them the option of either going to purchase the product before the big day (usually a few months, so plenty of time) or decanting some product into a small container and including a lip brush, which I charge £1 for.

I know some makeup artists who use the one-application-size lipcolour pouches that come foil wrapped (like tablets, to explain what I mean!) and use the full size normal (stick) lipcolour for their work and break off a 'pouch' to give to clients. I have seen them somewhere on the net, but I've been googling for the past ten mins, and haven't had any luck!

Colour wise : A really nice bridal lipstick color is Crystal Baby by Estee Lauder. Its a beautiful colour.

Elaine xx:hug:

Hi, thats a good tip about loading up the re-tractable lip liner brush.

Also you can decant some of your lip colour/gloss into a little tub, enough to get them through the day. If its a lipstick just melt some and place in the pot.

Thanks everyone. Really good tips, will be off to get some disposable brushes & pots & have a look at those lipstick shades asap!

Latest posts

Back