Liquid and powder question help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

karenmh

Reaction score
What is the purpose to applying liquid and powder in the three zones

Is this for college/course work?

We won't answer your homework questions for you but if you give us your thoughts and possible answers we'll let you know if you're on the right track.

I’m not asking for anyone to do my work I was just wanting someone to point me in the right way but I know now that no one on here are willing to help I found it help understand things

I’m not asking for anyone to do my work I was just wanting someone to point me in the right way but I know now that no one on here are willing to help I found it help understand things

Your first post didn't ask for help it was just a question - that's just rude but I still took the time to reply and attempt to help.

I've explained we won't do the work for you but if you tell us what you think might be the answers we'll let you know if you're on the right track - that's an offer of help.

So to then be petulant and rude is uncalled for. You definitely won't get help from anyone, in any situation, with that kind of attitude.

And just to point out giving you the answers is not actually helping you, helping you come to your own understanding and conclusion is helping.

Your first post didn't ask for help it was just a question - that's just rude but I still took the time to reply and attempt to help.

I've explained we won't do the work for you but if you tell us what you think might be the answers we'll let you know if you're on the right track - that's an offer of help.

So to then be petulant and rude is uncalled for. You definitely won't get help from anyone, in any situation, with that kind of attitude.

And just to point out giving you the answers is not actually helping you, helping you come to your own understanding and conclusion is helping.

It’s the second time I’ve used this site and I think it will be last.

I don’t have problem at all

Then why bother asking questions on here?

Then why bother asking questions on here?
Hi bels gel I’m just wondering if someone to help me understand to question because sometimes I found it help understanding it’s part my dyslexia I just don’t want people to judge me

m
Hi bels gel I’m just wondering if someone to help me understand to question because sometimes I found it help understanding it’s part my dyslexia I just don’t want people to judge me
my point was if you make statements like ' but I know now that no one on here are willing to help ' then why bother asking.
You have been rude because you did not get the reply you were hoping for.
Trinity was willing to help but then you got defensive and stated ' It’s the second time I’ve used this site and I think it will be last.'
That is fine..... so leave and don't ask more questions.
You won't get much help from anyone with the type of replies you have put on your thread.
I hope you can find your answers elsewhere. Bye now.

And had you have said that in answer to my question you would have got more help. I still wouldn't have given you the answers but I would help you work them out yourself.

Asking for help is fine, we all do if we're smart, but then being rude to people who tried to help you is not acceptable.

I have judged you, not on your dyslexia, but on your attitude.

And had you have said that in answer to my question you would have got more help. I still wouldn't have given you the answers but I would help you work them out yourself.

Asking for help is fine, we all do if we're smart, but then being rude to people who tried to help you is not acceptable.

I have judged you, not on your dyslexia, but on your attitude.
Extremely well said Trinity.
I have to say you are never rude and have been helpful so much to those who show common courtesy.
I hope you are feeling better and are on the flip side of the horrid C19. Best Wishes x

Extremely well said Trinity.
I have to say you are never rude and have been helpful so much to those who show common courtesy.
I hope you are feeling better and are on the flip side of the horrid C19. Best Wishes x

Thanks Bel's, I'm still affected by C-19, mostly bouts of exhaustion, it's weird as it comes out of nowhere but I know it's covid as it's paired with nausea and an explosion of my allergy symptoms, then will disappear 24 hours later. Its certainly made my hyper aware of potential allergy issues with my clients in the short term.

Like most of the England techs I'm nervous and excited for our reopening on Monday.

Hope you are staying safe Downunder 🤗

Thanks Bel's, I'm still affected by C-19, mostly bouts of exhaustion, it's weird as it comes out of nowhere but I know it's covid as it's paired with nausea and an explosion of my allergy symptoms, then will disappear 24 hours later. Its certainly made my hyper aware of potential allergy issues with my clients in the short term.

Like most of the England techs I'm nervous and excited for our reopening on Monday.

Hope you are staying safe Downunder 🤗
Wow Trinity, that sounds so horrible.
I hope you get on top of it soon.
I have stopped doing clients, for just over a year now. To be honest it did not bother me as doing nails was a second job for me, more of a hobby. But doing that, along with working outside of the house as an Office Manger, I started to lose my mojo.
I have now moved onto a new office admin job (after 13 years at my previous) and there is no way I could take on nail clients as I work very long hours. I now just do my own, my daughters and my hair dressers. That's enough on its own. My weekends are very precious to me now.
I do wish you and others the very best wishes on being able to re-open, it sure has been a long time coming for you guys.
Where I live in Adelaide Australia we have been very fortunate and only had around 600 cases. crazy for a city! Our government has served us well and put us in lockdown when we had a cluster, put a dead stop to it. The lockdown was only 5 days.
I have yet to have the vaccine although I do qualify now. I am seeing my GP next month and will be getting my annual flu shot so I am going to discuss it with him then.
Best wishes for your re-opening and for a speedy recovery x

I’ve read this conversation and being a newbie who joined this site for advice I get in way where @karenmh is coming from.
You girls who all seem to know each other or have chatted on here often come across a bit clicky. Not wishing to offend but it takes courage to ask and break into a clique don’t you think?
the girl asked a genuine question and is obviously trying and doesn’t want to shout out to the world she’s dyslexic and don’t think the answer she got was any way helpful.
I get you don’t want to do anyone’s homework but there is a huge difference in teaching standards everywhere and some of us are not fortunate to have the fountain of knowledge some of you guys have at hand. Online learning, learning what other people’s knowledge of the subject is, fact gathering from different sources all helps especially when you are dyslexic so you can build a good understanding. You then go on to chat about covid and the effects it’s had on you but it exactly that reason this girl is on here asking questions - not that she is ill but Covid is probably why this girl is struggling - remote learning is hard! It effects everyone in different ways
I think personally I’d be jumping through hoops to help her if I had the knowledge not her having to jump through hoops for me to help her - it looks a little bit condescending.

@gc2233 I can absolute see where you are coming from with this.

This site cuts out a lot of the namby-pamby "niceness" that you'll find on Facebook. When I joined here, I thought a lot of members were very blunt and I was scared. But you get real advice and support.

The problem with the original poster, was her attitude. She has asked another question before, I replied and she completed ignored it. Then has come on again and asked a question that we cannot answer. @Trinity asked for her thoughts and answers, that we still haven't heard. What more can we do, without telling her the answer?

I’ve read this conversation and being a newbie who joined this site for advice I get in way where @karenmh is coming from.
You girls who all seem to know each other or have chatted on here often come across a bit clicky. Not wishing to offend but it takes courage to ask and break into a clique don’t you think?
the girl asked a genuine question and is obviously trying and doesn’t want to shout out to the world she’s dyslexic and don’t think the answer she got was any way helpful.
I get you don’t want to do anyone’s homework but there is a huge difference in teaching standards everywhere and some of us are not fortunate to have the fountain of knowledge some of you guys have at hand. Online learning, learning what other people’s knowledge of the subject is, fact gathering from different sources all helps especially when you are dyslexic so you can build a good understanding. You then go on to chat about covid and the effects it’s had on you but it exactly that reason this girl is on here asking questions - not that she is ill but Covid is probably why this girl is struggling - remote learning is hard! It effects everyone in different ways
I think personally I’d be jumping through hoops to help her if I had the knowledge not her having to jump through hoops for me to help her - it looks a little bit condescending.

How is it condesending to explain to someone that we won't do their home work but if they tell us their thoughts we will let them know if they are heading in the right direction? I genuinely fail to see how that's condesending? I explain why I won't give answers, I've encouraged self thinking, and told her I will give her a steer based on her answers. I fail to see how that's wrong in any way, isn't that how people learn? I don't know any teacher who will give you answers to questions, they encourage you to think and learn for yourself and steer you if you go off path.

How is it cliquey when she's posted 2 questions, had two replies offering to help and either ignored them or complained?

I regularly jump through hoops to help people but we are not a free learning resource I will gladly assist and build on peoples knowledge but a little bit of effort on their side would be appreciated. No-one dismissed her, or ignored her, she just didn't get what she wanted so started to get petulent.

At no point did she mention dyslexia until after it was pointed out she was being rude, and I have said I would gladly have assisted if she'd mentioned it in the beginning. That said I would still not have given her the answers, she needs to work it out for herself from the documentation she's probably paid good money for, and/or with some assistance, but at least give us an idea of what you do or don't understand.

This site is not all about the 'Hun', 'Love', softly, softly. There are plenty of FB sites that offer that kind of environment if that is what you prefer. If you've been here for any length of time you'll know the tone of the site and how replies are given.

If she had taken any time to read the forum she'd probably find the answers as they question as probably be answered before, plus she'd get a feel for how to ask the questions she wants answers to and the types of responses she'd get. We regularly get people on asking for homework help and they are always told we won't do it for you....tell us your thinking and we'll steer you in the right direction.

Covid has been hard on everyone - people know it's been hard on me because I said so - if someone doesn't give information how are we supposed to know? If you ask questions in a short, sharp way, you can probably expect short, sharp responses. We're not psychic.

What is the purpose to applying liquid and powder in the three zones

To get a more even finish. The amount of product used will decrease as you get close to the cuticle. This is mostly when doing a full set. There is no need to do this for a fill, unless you are doing pink and whites, in my opinion. I have been doing nails for over 30 years, specializing in pink and white sculptured nails.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back