Liquid & powder allergy?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Naildoll

Reaction score
Hi y’all I’ve just started to get really itchy nails but only on a few around the back and cuticle like mad!! But not on my toes?? Could it be my acrylic? It only happens when I do infills, asked a few and some have said it’s gel polish but I put this on my toes without the same prob?! Any knowledge of this and can I overcome it by changing nail system? I’m so gutted I surely can’t stop doing nails

If it's only on Infill it sounds like it's the filings that's affecting you, I'm assuming you soak your toe gel polish but file nails for infill so possibly the gel top coat/design...could you wear gloves while doing infills? Do you use an extractor fan?

Also, is your L&P ratio perfect? As if not, that is uncured product which is not good especially when filling through it when an infill comes around. Same with gel, if you're not using the correct brand of lamp, again there could be uncured product which might be causing the problems

I wouldn't buy a whole new system untill I'd troubleshooted everything but I must admit I'm looking at the iKON iq brand because it's hypoallergenic and if you spend so much you get their lamp too!! xxx

...another thought after reading another thread...what brands are you using, make sure it's proper stuff with non of that MMA etc!! If you have any of that, I'd switch system asap! (I'm sure you're not using it but just wanted to make sure!) xxx

Last edited:
Sounds like you have an allergic reaction. Time to find a different profession, baby!

Sounds like you have an allergic reaction. Time to find a different profession, baby!

That’s a touch insensitive @tuan to a genuine question don’t you think? Perhaps some practical advice would benefit the OP more? ;)

That’s a touch insensitive @tuan to a genuine question don’t you think? Perhaps some practical advice would benefit the OP more? ;)

Im always warning people about the dangers involved in this profession. Most dont listen. So i like to rub it in their faces when stuff like this happens because i told them so.

Im always warning people about the dangers involved in this profession. Most dont listen. So i like to rub it in their faces when stuff like this happens because i told them so.
Sorry, I must have missed your numerous warnings to this OP before jumping in with your comments. To someone who is already suffering, I hope they are not to upset. It may be due to carelessness but it most probably is a genuine skin sensitivity that's been agrivated by product. I'd hate to think that a decent nail tech stopped doing nails because of negativity. All I can say to OP is, don't worry, we all make mistakes but we learn and we improve, I don't know any other way to learn, other than making mistakes, I personally prefer not to make people feel bad about it! xxx

We don’t need negativity so don’t comment on my thread! It’s not helpful AT ALL

Naildoll, The worst you can do is to change system without understanding how you might have developed an allergy. For an allergy to occur, it is necessary to have repetitive skin contact of uncured or under cured product or dust over a long time - usually years. Changing to other products without stopping skin contact will lead to more ingredient allergies and ultimately forces NT to leave their career.

I'd recommend that you head over to an allergy support group that I started more than 5 years ago on FB. There is info to download, support from other allergy sufferers and fact based advice:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/nail.product.allergies/

If it's only on Infill it sounds like it's the filings that's affecting you, I'm assuming you soak your toe gel polish but file nails for infill so possibly the gel top coat/design...could you wear gloves while doing infills? Do you use an extractor fan?

Also, is your L&P ratio perfect? As if not, that is uncured product which is not good especially when filling through it when an infill comes around. Same with gel, if you're not using the correct brand of lamp, again there could be uncured product which might be causing the problems

I wouldn't buy a whole new system untill I'd troubleshooted everything but I must admit I'm looking at the iKON iq brand because it's hypoallergenic and if you spend so much you get their lamp too!! xxx

...another thought after reading another thread...what brands are you using, make sure it's proper stuff with non of that MMA etc!! If you have any of that, I'd switch system asap! (I'm sure you're not using it but just wanted to make sure!) xxx
Loads of info thanks Hun! Could be lots of things?? It’s on myself I get this reaction so I couldn’t wear gloves! I lightly drill off on toes not soak off...I have ordered a different system as a trial xx

I have just started using a new drill?? Saeyong k38

Loads of info thanks Hun! Could be lots of things?? It’s on myself I get this reaction so I couldn’t wear gloves! I lightly drill off on toes not soak off...I have ordered a different system as a trial xx
Ahh I see, as in when 'you' are having infills as oppose to doing an infill on someone else...I'd definitely be making sure all product is same system, fully cured and using extractor, gloves if possible when doing others, I wouldn't have thought a new drill would be the cause, if hand file to drill, maybe as the filings would be different I guess but I'm nooo expert!!!! Definitely don't give up though! Have a look at that FB group Bob Sweden recommended!! xxx

We don’t need negativity so don’t comment on my thread! It’s not helpful AT ALL
This is reality we're talking about. Profession cripling allregies is a real thing, as evident with op. I wasnt trying to be negative, rather i wanted to sound insensitive because allergies will indeed make u find a new profession.

Last edited:

Wow!!
What a nasty, arrogant comment! You've really excelled yourself this time!

Last edited:
This is reality we're talking about. Profession cripling allregies is a real thing, as evident with op. I wasnt trying to be negative, rather i wanted to sound insensitive because allergies will indeed make u find a new profession.
No actually they wont. I had severe allergies but overcame them and continue doing nails.
Stop making stupid comments as they are negative whether you mean it or not.

I wish you could block users on this forum like you can on facebook. Lol

No actually they wont. I had severe allergies but overcame them and continue doing nails.
Stop making stupid comments as they are negative whether you mean it or not.

How did you overcome the allergy?

truth hurts. baby!
Being smart is awesome

Being a smarty pants devalues what you say & you lose credibility & respect

Being kind is a gift to others, which I hope to see in your further comments either on this thread or elsewhere

You can, click on the users name, and there is an 'ignore' button. You should stop seeing their posts. The problem starts when threads don't make sense because you miss s post that person has made. I'm currently practising my meditation and ignoring skills, there is no point in wasting time on some people.

You can use the report option if you think a comment or post is offensive

Latest posts

Back