Liquid & Powder Application

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sharny

Reaction score
Hi, i am just trained in Acylic nails with NSI and i had a client the other day who said whenever she has had her nails done before with acrylic they have just used one bead and that she has never seen anyone apply it with three beads.

I have been told this by a few different clients and wondered if the three bead application is a new thing and does it actually matter anyway.

Your comments would be greatly received.

Zone sculpting is a way to structurally engineer the nail for proper balance, correct product consistency, precision placement and to eliminate excessive filing.IMO you can't achieve the same result with just one bead of l&p...

Sounds like they were previous clients of the local NSS, that is how they usually apply their MMA product,
perfect answer in the above post,
try to educate and reform them hun

It really does not matter if you apply your enhancements with one bead or 20 beads as long as the structure for balance and beauty is there.

Of course you cannot do pink and white using just one bead, but for one colour application it is perfectly possible to use one bead and get a perfect result with skill (its all in the brush angles my dears).

There is no hard and fast rule for application as long as the result is a good one.

I myself tend to use a 2 bead application (I call it the 2 step) but I always work in 2 colours. Sometimes I use 3 (depending on the size of the nail I am doing.

Learn to be flexible and have some freedom in your artistry ... using 3 beads is a logical and sensible way to learn and to begin, but the product works just as well using many different application methods.

Have FUN.

Sounds like they were previous clients of the local NSS, that is how they usually apply their MMA product,
perfect answer in the above post,
try to educate and reform them hun

*ALARM BELLS* I totally agree, I think your clients were previous suckers
for a BAD nail Tech using MMA, One large ball on a fan brush is the only way that they do it. Ask your client if their old nail tech also had to use a drill for fileing I bet the answer is yes!! Because there is almost No way you can file an MMA nail without a drill.

I often use one bead, especially if doing a single colour NNO, but I have no hard & fast rules on how many beads I use. I just do whatever it takes to get the nail I want.

Same as Beauty nails i use however many beads it takes to get the nail i want! I was taught Zone sculpting, prefer 2 if using tips, 3 if using 2 different colours or one for a NNO.. its all about finding your own style and keeping the product consistant (mix ratio).. not the amount of balls anyway!

Completely agree with the girls from down under. Whatever it takes ...

in fact that has been my motto for years for allot of things.

It doesn't matter how many beads you're using, as long as the nails are balance. I often use 1 bead on my customers (if they have small nails). And whatever beads it takes for pink and white. Nothing's wrong with that. For me, it's how you control the brush and the size of the bead you're picking up.

Thank you geeg, you've been a great help. None of my clients have been to NSS bars or had MMA applied or had a drill used on them, they went to a reputable salon and thats just the way it was done there. Their nails actually looked great when they came to me and were easly to remove.

I just thought i would ask as anythiong that speeds me up would be great, obviously i don't want to compromise on the finish though, i will give it a go.

Hi, i am just trained in Acylic nails with NSI and i had a client the other day who said whenever she has had her nails done before with acrylic they have just used one bead and that she has never seen anyone apply it with three beads.

I have been told this by a few different clients and wondered if the three bead application is a new thing and does it actually matter anyway.

Your comments would be greatly received.

Well I trained with Creative and they teach the 3 bead technique as you need to ork in 3 zones. Sounds like maybe where she had been before they were rushing the application maybe?

Completely agree with the girls from down under. Whatever it takes ...

in fact that has been my motto for years for allot of things.

I,m with you girls and geeg the only thing I will add is I use my e-file and love it with no MMA products used.:hug:

I,m with you girls and geeg the only thing I will add is I use my e-file and love it with no MMA products used.:hug:

true, efiles and MMA dont go hand in hand...

Well I trained with Creative and they teach the 3 bead technique as you need to ork in 3 zones. Sounds like maybe where she had been before they were rushing the application maybe?

With beginners, one must teach A method that works easily for them.

It's not helpful or instructive with beginners to say, well you can do it like this, or like this or even like this .. it just confuses.

Beginners need a method that works so they can understand about balance and beauty and develop an eye for it. Once those skills are in place (like anything else) they can get more creative if they feel the need and more inventive and individual in their style.

For most they stick with what they've learned and then add some of their own extras.

So yes, CND do teach the 3 bead method because it helps our students learn quickly about structure, BUT the method is not written in stone nor is it used exclusively by CND users.

Another thing, just because someone uses one bead does not mean they are rushing the application. Some of us work very quickly indeed - I know, I am one of them - but I'm not doing it to RUSH anything, it is just the way I work. I started in the old days when the products cured in no time and you had to work fast or you were left with a pile of poo on the nail (rock hard poo at that :lol:) so you learned to work quickly. That's why I like the Creative Moxi liquid because it works fast like I do.

Learn with a good method and then personalize it!!

Latest posts

Back