Liquid & powder nails lifting!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brylo

Reaction score
Please help I have a client who’s nails constantly lift.

She has very long coffin shaped acrylic extensions using tips. When she was visiting a different nail tech she would complain that her nails constantly broke.

Now she’s seeing me they don’t break but they do lift after a couple of days. I am extremely thorough with all of my prep removing the cuticle using an e file, buff the nail with a buffer block. Use prep and wipe to clean followed by opi dehydrator and Nsi primer, acrylic powder and monomer. It’s only her cuticle that is lifting and she’s my only client that complains.

I did her nails last Saturday and already she’s saying they’re lifting. Where am I going wrong or is it something she is doing? It’s driving me insane

Attachments

• CF04E8C6-DDF6-4425-830C-F92648AA9D70.jpeg
    CF04E8C6-DDF6-4425-830C-F92648AA9D70.jpeg
    243.2 KB · Views: 63
The nails could possibly be too smooth from the buffing block. Nsi recommend a 180 grit file to remove the shine from the nail plate. You could also use their acid primer.
It might not be anything you’re doing. I had one client who lifted much quicker than any others despite what I tried to do.

Perhaps try sticking to one system- Same primer , liquid, powder & try using 180 to remove the shine

Your using different brands...try to stick to using the same system x

You should use a full system but I doubt dehydrator would be the issue.

You should use a full system but I doubt dehydrator would be the issue.
Yes that’s what I thought as everything else is nsi.

I’ll try a 180 file for the nail plate and see if that helps. Could it be that her nails are simply too long for her?

Yes that’s what I thought as everything else is nsi.

I’ll try a 180 file for the nail plate and see if that helps. Could it be that her nails are simply too long for her?

It’s possible but it depends upon how she looks after them. If she is “nail conscious” and is used to wearing them long then she should be fine.

Lots of my clients and myself wear longer and have no issues with the length.

Is this only recently its started? If so has she changed a product she uses?
Is she wearing gloves when cleaning etc. Clients often drift into bad habits and expect their nails to be invincible. A reminder of aftercare won’t go amiss.

Latest posts

Back