Liquid & Powder Sculpted Comp Practise

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scratchers

Reaction score
Hi everyone competition time is looming and i have started my practise, i haven't sculpted in competitions before so thought i would try something new, so tell me what you all think and any hints and tips would be great xx

Attachments

• comp practise 008.jpg
    comp practise 008.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 188
Your smiles are fabulous.....do you use c curve sticks to get your c curve (underside) perfect when pinching? Thet will help to perfect your C! :hug:

i do have them but i just used the pinching tweezers this time!! Thanks hun xx:hug:xx

Great work as usual Kirsty. The only thing I could see was that the pinky on the right hand the sidewall didn't look straight.

Excellent smiles and fab c-curves hun - WELL DONE!

Beautiful as ever and to be honest I can't see anything to critise about these nails, but then I am not an expert.

When you say pinching tweezers, what are these and could you give a link for some. I think this is where my sculpts could be helped as sometimes mine are a little flat, the c curve would add strength right?

Well done on your practicing :)

I am no expert and have never done comp nails but I agree that these look as pretty damn perfect to me, lol. They are lovely. Well done.

I am also interested to know what these piching tweezers are and can they be used with gel as well?

wonderful job Kirstyxx

ace smiles and a truely great all round job xx good luck in the comps .. not that you'll need a lot ! I'm still drooling lol x

i am no judge but they look like winners to me.xx

they look really really reaaaaaaaaaally good! did you buff them to a high shine or used gel topcoat? i love the shine

Great job

hi they look fab abd the shine is to die for ,thats what im working on i love shine ,do u mind me asking what u use for your shine :hug:

Beautiful as ever and to be honest I can't see anything to critise about these nails, but then I am not an expert.

When you say pinching tweezers, what are these and could you give a link for some. I think this is where my sculpts could be helped as sometimes mine are a little flat, the c curve would add strength right?

Well done on your practicing :)
I got my pinching tweezers from Hobbycraft. I also have the Magic Wand but don't feel in control of the pinching and they are quite scary to be honest.

Scratchers ,nice nails as per ... but "C" curve on middle & ring finger a little lopsided..... still fab

I haven't 'scored' you as I don't feel qualified!
But in one of the pics (barrel shot), a couple of the c curves look slightly 'off'.
Could be the picture though?

Well done - again!!
I love your work...... and I will be in one day for a set!

Carl, you're too quick!

Thanks so much for all your lovely comments, i use some buffers by the edge called super shiner, they are big long blue ones with a white side as well and then i buff like hell with the creative shine blocks 2 sided ones that are green and white!!

Shall let you know my little trick for comps, some of you probably already do it, as you are not aload to use oil i wipe over each nail with acetone, this melts the top layer and the scratches dissapear then i buff and i use one buffer per nail xHTHx

i got my pinching tweezers from my creative shop near me and i love them they are fab!!

wow.they look gorgeous.i dont do comps but i think you'll do well after looking at these nails.your smiles are fab.good luck

for the first time it's good

you have to praktise:

- they are to short the White have to be long as the rose one
- the nails are to thick, they must be not thicker than 1 mm
- you have to pinch better and every nail the same tunnel, do you use pinch sticks??
- but the smile line looks good

:) wow I hope I am as good sometime soon, I know its practice practice but I will be
well done.

Latest posts

Back