Little Diamonds

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lesley-Anne

Reaction score
Hi there peeps....

I am very excited to be doing a 'brides' nails on Friday, she has the most wonderful natuaral nails, which she would like to have painted 'french' then she wants three little diamonds positioned along the smile line of each nail......how do you fix these in place? and do you just position them on top of the top coat or do you put them on underneath the top coat?????

Many Thanks for your help on this one!!!!

hi lesley anne

i learnt that you would put the diamonds into the white polish just after applying it (so it is still wet) then with whatever nail art tool you have (could just be an orange stick or something similiar) slightly push the diamonds in so they will set in the polish. Then when your polish has fully dried i use my nail art top coat (im not sure if a normal polish top coat does this job also youll ahve to see if any other techs answer this as im not too sure lol) and apply a coat, allow to dry and then proceed to apply another coat to make sure they are well and truly stuck.

hope this helps,
collette

Hi Lesley-Anne

The answer is both! I put a top coat on then position the rhinestones, then I apply a top coat over that to keep them in position. Some people use nail glue to keep them on instead!

Hope all goes well, I always get a bit nervous when doing a bride! pale

best wishes from a fellow hampshirian!

Suey x

Hiya
I use top coat to position the rhinestones and then top coat over the top...............if they are good quality rhinestones they should not dull under the topcoat.
Good luck Dawnie x

Thankyou all for your help on this.....I forgot to ask....do you use a pair of tweezers to pick up the diamond??? or will it stick to an orange stick

Once again Thankyou girlsx

Hi,

An orange stick with a small amount of blue-tack on the end picks up jewels really well. Good luck with the nails :D

Mel

Hi,

I use the back of my brush to pick the rhinestone and then put it in place. And I use the topcoat and the french coat because you can damage the french coat. Good luck to you.

Babsel

I use an orange stick with a small amount of blue tack to pick up rhinestones but keep finding that they stick to the bluetack a bit too much and dont come off when I try and place on Nail, although I don't apply any pressure.

Has anyone tried the picker uppers and the other tools you can get to do this?? Just wondered if they are quicker and less fiddly??

x ?

Hi ya,

I've got a Pick-r-upper - it worked once! :(

I've gone back to using an orange stick dipped in a small amount of water.

Kx

Best way Karen!!! Wet the end of an orange stick, prod at a rhinestone/gem etc and place on the wet-polished nail! Then seal with topcoat!

xxlaylaxx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back