Little hole in my nail?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

babychops

Reaction score
Hi geeks, I have popped over from the hair forum to see if anyone can help me. I had gel put on my nails a few weeks ago, they lasted 2 days before they all fell off! Wasn't very happy but anyway, ever since I have noticed that my thumb nail is very soft near the cuticle, I have also noticed that a little hole has appeared there. I did try some cheap stick on nails and didn't like them so pulled them off. Is that the cause? What should I do about this little hole? It's not very big but I don't want it to get worse. I don't know anything about nails X

Can you post a photo?

Can you upload a picture if possible.
Before anyone makes any comments and you panick or something

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1471117512.579742.jpg

Iv just painted my nails but not painted over the hole lol I was worried about getting nail varnish over it, sorry it's not the best picture X

Did your nails look damaged before you applied the polish?
You could have removed layers when you pulled the nails off

There is a bit more give at the cuticle.
Just keep an eye on it. If it was right through it would be painful X

Did your nails look damaged before you applied the polish?
You could have removed layers when you pulled the nails off

Got confused with the last comment I wrote as didn't read what you asked properly lol so I'll start again. Yes they looked damaged before I put the nail varnish on (after I pulled the nails off) I only applied the stick on nails on 2 nails as I didn't like them so pulled them off straight away. Just noticed a little crack above the hole. I think Iv caused the hole myself X

There is a bit more give at the cuticle.
Just keep an eye on it. If it was right through it would be painful X

It doesn't feel painful at all, even when I press on it. I'll keep an eye on it and see what happens. I changed my comment whilst you wrote this comment lol X

Latest posts

Back