little question re insurance

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xxlauracrossxx

Reaction score
i have pro beauty insurance that covers me and clients but not my equipment??
my house insurance covers everything but not work related??
my car covers nothing work related either??
where do i go from now?
what if some one steals my bits(all products and equipment when i pop in to a shop on my rounds etc?

im really worried
can anybody advise me please i would me so gratefull
thank you laura

Thats ahard one. The only advise I can give is leave everything in your trunk and NEVER get onto your truvk in a place were you are going to be. Noone knows whats in there your likley to be fine unless you have a really good stereo. If you need something from your trunk pull it out b4 you get to where you are going.

I would say, you need to get your insurance from a proper old-fashioned broker who can personalise it for you.
I am not mobile so my needs are not the same as yours, but when my insurance came up for renewal it had gone up A LOT so I decided to shop around for quotes and the big call centre type insurers could not cover me due to working from home and the number of visitors I have to my house. However, my normal broker who I have been with for years was able to get me cover.
I'll be honest, my insurance costs twice as much with the broker than it would do if I didn't work from home, but it's the only way.

I am with babtac for my insurance, and for the contents babtac gave me a number for a
company called balens where i got discount for being a batac member.
so it might be worth ringing pro beauty and asking who they recommend for your contents.

I would say, you need to get your insurance from a proper old-fashioned broker who can personalise it for you.
I am not mobile so my needs are not the same as yours, but when my insurance came up for renewal it had gone up A LOT so I decided to shop around for quotes and the big call centre type insurers could not cover me due to working from home and the number of visitors I have to my house. However, my normal broker who I have been with for years was able to get me cover.
I'll be honest, my insurance costs twice as much with the broker than it would do if I didn't work from home, but it's the only way.
Mine's up for renewal next month & it's gone up $200AU. That's up about 40%!! I wish I knew that before my price rise.
Now I'm getting quotes from everyone to find a better deal.

All you can do is shop around for someone that suits your needs.

Im also with professional beauty and I asked them about this when I took out my policy - they said it was something like another £40 a year to cover your equipment in the car up to the value of £3000 I think they said - you then have to change your car ins to business class 1 rather than social and commuting - HTH's

Clarexxx

thank you everyone
ive phoned pro beauty and they have explained all now, i must of got a newbee last time
thank you again

Latest posts

Back