Live colours...

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Liverbird85

Reaction score
Hey geeks!I have a client in on Thursday, she's used a live colour months ago but wants to go back blonde, base of a 12, I was thinking of doing a bleach bath and full head foils, do you think I should put a colour In between as it'll probably go quite orangy, I have explained that it will damage her hair but she is adamant she wants it blonde asap, I'm going to get her to sign a consent form and make sure everything I have advised is covered in it. Just want to know your thoughts as to what inbetween colour to go for to cancel out the orange, i have advised the live colours are really tough to get out, I have been hairdressing 10 years and mobile for 12 months but would really appreciate some help with this 1 as I feel it's more nerve racking when on your own and as much as I would offer a colour correction if it's not 100% I'd rather leave her with a smile first time.

Have you done a strand test with hair taken from a few different places?
TBH I would try stay away from prelightner for now and try a colour remover.
Live is REALLY hard to get out.
Your stuck from the silicone vs the colour remover and the metallic salts vs the prelightner.....

Could you advise her that you will get her as bright as possible the 1st go then if she follows your after care to the letter, she cango brighter again in 2-3 weeks.
Great way to retail her some hair care products. If you don't stock them you can buy specific ones for her hair.

I HATE LIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

When you say base 12 you mean that's what colour you'll use? As base 12 doesn't exist!? X

I had to wear hats for weeks because of my stupidity with live :( thank god my stylist showed my my hair cuttings bubbling away in a tint bowl before turning into chewing gum!

Needless to say I went home with my tail between my legs and used pro products for 6 weeks! Still wasn't compatible after third week! Happy now though and have a stylist I can trust to do what I need and not what I want :) us clients don't have have a clue about hair and sometimes need a telling lol

Lindsey x

She TOLD me she used to use 12/1 and wants to get back to that, so yeah that's what I meant, put base instead of shade. I have done strand tests and they've come up pretty well considering, she's got about 3 inch of regrowth so it's not been done for a while but yes it's a live colour, they should be banned! Just hard trying to explain the technical side to somebody when your being ordered to do this and that and she doesn't want it any other way, stuck really :(Thanks for the replies anyway x

Latest posts

Back