Living cuticle remover!!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

izzidoll

Strictly Scottish Geek!
Premium Geek
Reaction score
I have just read this great article in my local paper....and I wonder if it will catch on.

Apparently at the local aquarium they have found that some of the residents can keep nails looking tidy!!

Yes!!...they have some tropical shrimps, called cleaner shrimps whose main aim in life is to provide a cleaning service for other sea creatures by eating any dead scales and ridding them of parasite.

The female staff have discovered that these shrimps also love to devour the dead skin on fingernails!!! Thus removing neatly and effectively all the non living tissue from the nail plate!!!.....apparently it can be a bit tickly though!!

It certainly tickled me when I read it...and I was quite impressed at the journalist knowing about cuticle being dead skin cells.....that's more then some Colleges know lol:lol:....pity about the soaking required though!!!!

I shall try and attach a pic.!!

Attachments

• shrimp manicure.jpg
    shrimp manicure.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 168
Emmmmmmmm think I'll pass on that one:Scared:

OMG ! I BET THAT WILL HIT CND'S CUTICLE REMOVER SALES HARD:green::green::green::green:

Hee hee hee!!! That looks amazing!!!

Not sure if I could live with myself tho if I didn't have enough cuticle for it to eat and it starved to death... :rolleyes:

EEwww not for me :lol:

I read about fish that do a similar thing to the dead skin on the rest of the body too... think it was in China...

Not my cup of tea personally... but whatever floats your boat lol

I read about fish that do a similar thing to the dead skin on the rest of the body too... think it was in China...

Not my cup of tea personally... but whatever floats your boat lol

I saw this too. In China it's a big craze to go for a pedi and have these little shrimps eat all the hard dead skin off your feet.

Not for me this one.

Hi fancy that :eek: wouldn't mind putting my feet in there if it didn't tickle too much
but I don't know about the hands . LOL

sounds a bit fishy to me...:lol: x

Can they be bottled............? :green:

I used to have these shrimp......mine were called "Candy Cane shrimp"....and when I cleaned the tank they would crawl up on me.......and pick.....

While the idea of the shrimp doing this would work....I'm not sure if it would be possible as it would take awhile for them to "tidy up " they are only about 2-3 inches long!.....your hands might be a bit water logged:rolleyes:......as well as feeling a bit strange as they picked and crawled on you .....

I think I'll just keep doing what I'm doing ........
and leave the shrimp to clean the fish/tank......

now that is some weird stuff there

Reminds me of the leeches that eat all the diseased flesh in wounds yuk:)

My freshwater shrimp used to like my hands when they were in the tank. There's also a fish which some call a Doctor Fish, (Garra Ruffa) and it also loves dead skin and is in some countries an aid for psoriasis. Not very savoury but effective apparently. I haven't personally kept Garra of any type but my brother has, great fish!

I have just read this great article in my local paper....and I wonder if it will catch on.

Apparently at the local aquarium they have found that some of the residents can keep nails looking tidy!!

Yes!!...they have some tropical shrimps, called cleaner shrimps whose main aim in life is to provide a cleaning service for other sea creatures by eating any dead scales and ridding them of parasite.

The female staff have discovered that these shrimps also love to devour the dead skin on fingernails!!! Thus removing neatly and effectively all the non living tissue from the nail plate!!!.....apparently it can be a bit tickly though!!

It certainly tickled me when I read it...and I was quite impressed at the journalist knowing about cuticle being dead skin cells.....that's more then some Colleges know lol:lol:....pity about the soaking required though!!!!

I shall try and attach a pic.!!

It would alter my nail services considerably, I could just get my shrimps out, set them to do their work and lay on my couch with a glass and a ciggy:green::green::green:

I saw this too. In China it's a big craze to go for a pedi and have these little shrimps eat all the hard dead skin off your feet.

Not for me this one.
ooo that sounds cool, i love my feet to be messed about with so can imagine i would enjoy this :lol:

this was on this morning the other day .. they showed a tank full of these things and lots of people with their feet in it eating the cuticle and hard skin away .....arrh

the beauty editor said it was the new thing in china and was heading here and would be huge .......fern didn't look convinced lol

It would alter my nail services considerably, I could just get my shrimps out, set them to do their work and lay on my couch with a glass and a ciggy:green::green::green:

A ciggy .....in the workplace!!!...how very dare you!!!:lol:

Latest posts

Back