Living social

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Charlee-c

Reaction score
Has anyone done a deal with these and if so how did you find it?they claim to be better than groupon xx

We have in a salon. For hairdresser. They take around 40% compared to groupons 50%. They pay even for the vouchers that werent used. Customer care is good.
Make sure to cap booking cause it can get out of hand :) and... yes, you are not going to make money, but you will get people comming through your door. Works much better that other ways of advertising, if you do it right.(we paid just as much for ads in local papers if not more, than it is going to cost us doing this deal) from newspaper ads we got maybe 4 people come in. From living - 344 vouchers sold. Most of those that have come in so far did upgrade their bookings.
It is a chance to talk to potential client face to face. If you do it right - it will work wonders. Dont forget your existing clients either :)

Jurate xx

Would you do it again?xx

Would i? Well, i only rent a room in that salon, so it wouldnt work for me as i would then have to pay rent out of my pocket, lol.
It would work with someone that gets hourly rate, not when you have to pay rent.
Also, i would definitely CAP maximum booking numbers. I mean its a good idea, but it can get out of hand. Plus, it is physically and mentally exhausting. Worth a try tho if you want to get people through your door. As long as you have weighed all your options and you are ready to work hard to sway all those potential clients to you :)

Jurate xx

I have a guy coming to see me next week about it,think I might just cancel him.i rent,it doesn't sound like its going to being me any other clients rather then bargain hunters.
Thanks very much for your help xx

You shouldnt make your mind up only based on my opinion! It could work out for you, i know it would be a lotof hard work tho :)
Why not meet with the guy and see what he has to say? You could always change your mind once you have spoken to him. They dont get you into any contracts right away (read the small print thoroughly tho, they will bind you into 1 years contract to only do similar deals with them and not other companies).

Jurate xx

Their service and aftercare is indeed far superior to group on but take a 40% commission of you already 55 % discounted service not a fan of deal site they don't create loyal clients

Their service and aftercare is indeed far superior to group on but take a 40% commission of you already 55 % discounted service not a fan of deal site they don't create loyal clients

I have to disagree I have run two groupons and have retained 50% of the clients that are now regulars!

I have given it a go actually it's running in June just need a few changes to the proof before it goes in.got nothing to lose it was free to sign up for xx

sorry to hijack this thread, I am opening my home salon in June would anyone recommend doing one of these things to get clients through the door? Just no idea how to build up a client base, I will obviously be doing flyering but doesn't seem like thats going to be very successful so would appreciate your advice?

I have been in business 2years on the 1st June a leaflet drop was really successful for me.i got approached by living social or I don't think it would have crossed my mind.its going on next week I will update this and let you know cx

I have been in business 2years on the 1st June a leaflet drop was really successful for me.i got approached by living social or I don't think it would have crossed my mind.its going on next week I will update this and let you know cx

Good luck :) its going well in the salon for us although we are so busy. Most of the clients upgrade their treatments as well so talking is a must :) retail will fly off the shelves as well.

Jurate xx

I have done a facial so there is plenty opportunity for retail I'm quite excited for it really,I'm going to have to really plan ahead with this one :) xxx

I ran a groupon deal and it's ong really well, the upgrades are popular and I have had extra treatments booked on the day, and further appointments booked aswell.

I sold 86 deal on the website and I personally sold 49 direct through me.

I think daily deals have their place. I'm only 2 weeks in of a 5 month deal, so we'll see no wpositive I am at the end of it lol.
I did a package deal tho 3 treatments which last about 2 hours so we can't get many in. I wouldn't do that again, I'd stick to a single treatment.

X

We're that busy with all of our clients who pay full price with no discounts that we'd lose money if we did one of these deals as we wouldn't be able to fit our full price paying clients in if that makes sense.

We did one 2 years ago and I've never had a single one rebook or upgrade to any other treatment whereas full price paying clients buy products and rebook their next appointments plus more appointments. We're very lucky to have the clients we have but it takes a lot to get them and I don't think the cheap deal sites are the way of getting them.

If you watched the apprentice you'll have seen that all the really really good places refused to deal. You want to be one of these really good places. Cheap deals= cheap clients and cheap clients= very low profits and very hard work

Xxx

try doing other ways of advertising as these deal sites are the only winners ! ive done 5 different deal sites and hardly got repeat custom .. found most clients over demanding and some just downright rude! i ended up working for £4.50 per hour .. couldnt fit regulars in and lost money!

living social are the worst to deal with ..! im having to seek legal advice.. i even had my secuirity of myself to worry about after a sexually suggestive man came in and brushed up against me ! i let living social know and they havnt the decency to even get back to me ! dont touch these people!

Early days, but I had my first LS client this week, she loved it and has re-booked.
I think it's really important to make the client feel just as important and special as any other client. I know from my experience in hotel breaks that this is true of some, and not of others.

Latest posts

Back