Local council contacted me re Health and Safety

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

millyspook

Reaction score
I have just had a very interesting chat to a chap from my local council contacting me to ask me about Health and Safety in the workplace. He was mainly interested in the nail side of the business and nothing else really.

He asked me about how I clean my nail implements, what products I use to clean them, do I dispose of files afterwards, do I have extractors for use with filing, do I fill in client consultation forms, am I aware of nail infections and what to do if I suspect a client has one, cross contamination and how to prevent it, how I set my workstation up etc. He mentioned MMA and I spoke about the NSS that do not have any training, use MMA and give clients acrylic nails when gel was asked for. I explained to him the difference between gel and acrylic. I was on the phone to him for about 20 minutes. Anyway, I gave the correct answers for everything he asked me and he doesn't want to come and visit me, however, I am assuming he will visit technicians that don't give the correct answers.

This is brilliant and I am so pleased that my local council are doing this. I can only assume that finally the government are going to crack down on just anyone opening up a nail salon/mobile nail salon without any training and try and get this industry regulated. It can only be good news for genuine nail technicians that care about their clients.

Latest posts

Back