Local hair up course , is it any good?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VICKYBROOKES

Reaction score
Hiya hair geeks , im a beauty geek but i also work part time in a hair and beauty wholesalers and have become also intrested in hair . There are no nvq hair courses running till next year at my local college but there is a part time 6 week hair up course which says it covers tonging , plaiting , pletes , wedding hair etc , but i was just wondering if this would be worth doing its only £50 to as its the local college . It doesnt even say if u get a certificate or anything and im just wondering if i completed this course would i actually be able to do peoples hair up ,? I know that in the beauty industry as long as u take accredited beauty courses you can get insured but wondered if it was the same for hair up ? I realise tho that an nvq2 would be required to actually cut clients hair . Any geeks able to offer advice ? i have contacted the college but theres been no replie !

Hiya hair geeks , im a beauty geek but i also work part time in a hair and beauty wholesalers and have become also intrested in hair . There are no nvq hair courses running till next year at my local college but there is a part time 6 week hair up course which says it covers tonging , plaiting , pletes , wedding hair etc , but i was just wondering if this would be worth doing its only £50 to as its the local college . It doesnt even say if u get a certificate or anything and im just wondering if i completed this course would i actually be able to do peoples hair up ,? I know that in the beauty industry as long as u take accredited beauty courses you can get insured but wondered if it was the same for hair up ? I realise tho that an nvq2 would be required to actually cut clients hair . Any geeks able to offer advice ? i have contacted the college but theres been no replie !

Hi, if it is a course at the college then I would think you would be able to get insurance
so long as you just stick to what you have been trained to do within the hair up course,
give a couple of insurance compays a ring
I think Salon Gold do an online insurance for all aspects of Hairdressing and Beauty for around 40 or 50 quid a year :)

Latest posts

Back