Lockdown end date?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yoshilee

Reaction score
Hi, so we are all closing from Thursday until lockdown finishes on 2nd December. If it is lifted after 4 weeks does this mean we can book in clients on Wednesday 2nd December or is it from Thursday 3rd December? thank you x

No details yet of exactly when

I have seen that the date for lockdown end is Midnight on Weds 2nd of December, so you’re booking on the third, but this date is subject to change depending on what the government decides closer to the time.

I have seen that the date for lockdown end is Midnight on Weds 2nd of December, so you’re booking on the third, but this date is subject to change depending on what the government decides closer to the time.
Thank you for your reply. I've had emails from Spas, salons etc saying they are open from Wed 2nd Dec so I've used this date to book clients back in. Fingers crossed this is a mini-lockdown but I can see another one potentially end of Jan/Feb.

Last edited:
Thank you for your reply. I've had emails from Spas, salons etc saying they are open from Wed 2nd Dec so I've used this date to book clients back in. Fingers crossed this is a mini-lockdown but I can see another one potentially end of Jan/Feb.

Yeah, I think you’re right. furlough is extended til March too, which made me wonder.

So people are taking bookings for on the 2nd?

See I read the time differently. Change the word 'midnight' to '23hrs 59minutes 59 seconds' on Wednesday 2nd December means we can open on Thursday 3rd at 00h00m00s (not that many will be opening at that time) not Wednesday.

Yet again the Government leave us with unclear information.

Same here, I thought it was from midnight so bookings resume on the 3rd.. it is unclear you are right, and subject to change they say, so it’s not even a guarantee.

Yeah, I think you’re right. furlough is extended til March too, which made me wonder.

So people are taking bookings for on the 2nd?
Yes, I've seen lots of post on FB and received emails from businesses to say they are (lockdown ending permitting) taking bookings from Wed 2nd December. I must admit because lockdown started on Thursday I assumed it would end at midnight on Wednesday!! Not confusing at all!!

You have to work on the positive and I would book clients for the 3rd but I don't trust Boris for he for ever doing u turns I'm not getting my hopes up for re opening my business

It's definitely supposed to be the 3rd, but the head of the NHS says in the Sunday Times today if we don't get levels of covid down, he would push for the government to extend it further.

I've seen 00:01 2nd December and also midnight 2nd December!!!
I've given up trying to work it out!
I've decided to start bookings on Thursday 3rd to be safe. I am hopeful we will open again but I think there will be another mini lockdown early next year.
Thank you for all your replies and I hope you are all as well as can be given the circumstances x

It's definitely supposed to be the 3rd, but the head of the NHS says in the Sunday Times today if we don't get levels of covid down, he would push for the government to extend it further.
It’s sad to hear that but I think it’s a strong possibility. If the numbers haven’t dropped in a month & they reopen everything up, what was the whole point in a lockdown in the first place.
Here’s hoping it works.
Hope everyone is ok x

Hi sorry not posted anything before so not sure how it works.
I think this is wrong.
2nd dec starts at 1min passed midnight so i think we can book from then

Hi sorry not posted anything before so not sure how it works.
I think this is wrong.
2nd dec starts at 1min passed midnight so i think we can book from then
There has been a lot of speculation on the date, some say the Wednesday some the Thursday.
Have checked the guidance on the government website & it states that the measures are for 4 weeks up to & including Wednesday 2nd so reopening would start on the 3rd. Hope that helps.
The details can be found here in the “nation restrictions from 5th November” section. New National Restrictions from 5 November

I'm dubious about booking people in until more information is given nearer the time - I don't want the hassle (for myself and clients) of having to rebook them if it all changes between now and then.
Also, although going back to the "tier system" has been mentioned, it's unclear how industries such as ours will return. I feel like we got burnt coming out of the last lockdown so I'm leaning towards a sceptical way of thinking now 😐

Latest posts

Back