Log cabin cost?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Becca@PolishedToPerfection

Reaction score
I would love something in my garden I can work from but I haven't got a clue about costs! I'd want something big enough for a nail desk, pedicure chair, display cabinet and maybe a little reception desk. How much has everyone spent including everything? From buying the cabin to insulating, decorating, flooring?? Xx

Sent from my Lenovo B8000-F using SalonGeek mobile app

I will be watching this thread with interest !!! This is something I also aim to do either this yr or next. Have loved looking at the setups on here!! :biggrin:

Also following with interest :)

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Many many thousands :) lol - I think anywhere between £5-£20k.

Yep your looking at a good few thousand! I was quoted 7000 fir labour and cost price materials. (That was 4m x 3m ) and that was just the build and insulation, not finishing touches. I would have had to redo the lawn fir the drainage and electrics, so another grand. For me it wasn't something I had the funds for, its a big outlay, then you would have to add all your other start up costs. For me it made more sense to rent a place. But If I had the money id do it!! X

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek mobile app

It depends what your after

Size
Log roll mm
How you want it to look

Mine is costing me more than I thought it would & what I hD been saving since last year

Sent that before I had finished above post (on phone)

So I decided last April I needed a bigger premises I work in a room Out the back of my house... I approached my neighbour in a June 2013 asking if I could buy 1/2 her garden as she doesn't use it. It could go in mine but would face the wrong way. I have a 90ft garden but it's not long enough width wise.

She agreed so we got solicitors instructed & I was hoping it would be done & dusted in a few months meaning Nov I could get it up ready for Christmas 2013 & ready for the Christmas rush

6 months on it's still going through & driving me mad

I am going for a 7.5 x 45 m log cabin picture below

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1392115806.902943.jpg

This is costing me just over £12000 on top of that I have to get it all done out inside with electrician work, painted/decorated etc how I want it to look

It's been made that more expensive because of buying my neighbours garden & having to pick up her solicitor costs & mine.. I also need to put a concrete base down & am paying £1,700 for that & I need to fence off our gardens & all her fencing is damage & that's costing me £2.500

I'm total once it's all done I reckon I'm looking at a cost of £25.000+

Sent that before I had finished above post (on phone)

So I decided last April I needed a bigger premises I work in a room Out the back of my house... I approached my neighbour in a June 2013 asking if I could buy 1/2 her garden as she doesn't use it. It could go in mine but would face the wrong way. I have a 90ft garden but it's not long enough width wise.

She agreed so we got solicitors instructed & I was hoping it would be done & dusted in a few months meaning Nov I could get it up ready for Christmas 2013 & ready for the Christmas rush

6 months on it's still going through & driving me mad

I am going for a 7.5 x 45 m log cabin picture below

View attachment 55726

This is costing me just over £12000 on top of that I have to get it all done out inside with electrician work, painted/decorated etc how I want it to look

It's been made that more expensive because of buying my neighbours garden & having to pick up her solicitor costs & mine.. I also need to put a concrete base down & am paying £1,700 for that & I need to fence off our gardens & all her fencing is damage & that's costing me £2.500

I'm total once it's all done I reckon I'm looking at a cost of £25.000+

I think it will look fantastic once all done but do you ever wish you just got commercial premises and kitted that out?

It's so much money if it was me I'd want to get a shop. But I guess on the flip side it is different and once done it's not going to cost you any extra apart from maintenance.

BP that's the reason why I'm doing it. Once I have paid for it I then don't have to worry about rent on the quiet periods etc

8k of it is buying the land & solicitor fees if I didn't have to pay this would be a lot better & not so much initial layout....

It will be worth it though

BP that's the reason why I'm doing it. Once I have paid for it I then don't have to worry about rent on the quiet periods etc

8k of it is buying the land & solicitor fees if I didn't have to pay this would be a lot better & not so much initial layout....

It will be worth it though

It looks amazing so far!! I'm sure it will be worth it for you xx

Latest posts

Back