Log cabin/shed etc. salon set ups!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ladies that have log cabins & have painted them on the outside what's the maintenance? How often are you likely to re paint? Does it chip etc? I'm umming & arring as to paint the outside or not. I think I prefer the painted look but I don't want something that is going too take a hell of looking after xx[/QUOTE

I painted mine as it needs protecting or will start to rot :( I used Sadolin as that's whats they painted there's in on the display site. Tis expensive just over £80 a tin but says you only need to re paint every 8 years!! Mine took 2 coats but the paint gives a real nice finish water just run off it now as opposed to being soaked up x x.

Ladies that have log cabins & have painted them on the outside what's the maintenance? How often are you likely to re paint? Does it chip etc? I'm umming & arring as to paint the outside or not. I think I prefer the painted look but I don't want something that is going too take a hell of looking after xx[/QUOTE

I painted mine as it needs protecting or will start to rot :( I used Sadolin as that's whats they painted there's in on the display site. Tis expensive just over £80 a tin but says you only need to re paint every 8 years!! Mine took 2 coats but the paint gives a real nice finish water just run off it now as opposed to being soaked up x x.

Thank you for your reply. Will take a look at that paint. What colour did you do yours again? xx

ahhh i love it!! its a nice size aswell xx

I love it too!! My other half is away until Friday so hoping to order it this weekend fingers crossed!! xx

Hi
This is my wee beauty hut
1378371510092.jpg

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

These all look amazing! Is it expensive for insulation, lighting etc xx

My other half built me this so I was lucky so I dont know the overall cost..dont think he would tell me either lol

Ah thankyou its my pride and joy :)
Dont tell the hubby but I do pretend I have clients just so I can escape the house ha x

Guys sorry to jump on the thread but been looking through and LOVE LOVE LOVE your cabins. What I would like to ask if you don't mind is do you have to inform your home and buildings insurance? And what about your mortgage? What would be the legalities that need to be covered?

So want one! :p

Oooh loving these :)

Guys sorry to jump on the thread but been looking through and LOVE LOVE LOVE your cabins. What I would like to ask if you don't mind is do you have to inform your home and buildings insurance? And what about your mortgage? What would be the legalities that need to be covered?

So want one! :p

Hi yes you do my home buildings and insurance doubled! But doesn't cover my cabin!!! I even have CCTV but insurance company wouldn't budge :(

Really? Gosh so what did you do? I'd love a cabin but this worries me

Does anyone have damp problems with cabins? Mine is insulated and plastered but when I go in my couch roll on the couch feels slightly damp and cold. Do you all have heaters on permanent?

What's the difference in between a summer house and log cabin?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek mobile app

Here's mine x

Attachments

• 1384084352788.jpg
    1384084352788.jpg
    124.2 KB · Views: 1,938

Latest posts

Back