Log cabin/shed etc. salon set ups!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BronzeBeauties

Reaction score
Hi Geeks
I know their is a topic already going on for show me your setups but i was hoping to start this one specifically for cabins, sheds etc all kinds of garden buildings just for inspiration!
So i have my cabin being delivered in the next 2 weeks and so far have just done the base (pictured)
Im so excited but would loe to see some of yours for ideas when it comes to decorate mine! Im hopingto officially open in September which will hopefully give me enough time to get the cabin in electrica done etc ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1376240324.726482.jpg

Goodluck with the build.

Hi,

I'm hoping to do this next year, did you have to get planning permission to do this?

Laura x

Hi
I have just spent 4 weeks with my OH in garden building mine, bless him and he even let me practice my lashes and spray tanning on him :wink2:, drew the line at nails though !

Sorry won't let me rotate the pictures ?

Attachments

• photo (4).JPG
    photo (4).JPG
    88.6 KB · Views: 4,362
  • photo (5).JPG
    photo (5).JPG
    89.9 KB · Views: 4,086
  • photo (6).JPG
    photo (6).JPG
    79.8 KB · Views: 3,787
Hi,

I'm hoping to do this next year, did you have to get planning permission to do this?

Laura x

No we didnt as it isnt too high and isnt a permanent fixture x

Hi
I have just spent 4 weeks with my OH in garden building mine, bless him and he even let me practice my lashes and spray tanning on him :wink2:, drew the line at nails though !

Its lovely hun well done!! Is it a cabin or a garage etc? I love the white tall unit you have in the corner! Do you mind me asking the size of it? My cabin is 4 metres by 3 metres which is smaller than i would have liked but should cater just nicely x

So exciting isn't it. I only offer tanning from home so couldn't justify anything too extravagant (unfortunately)! The pic below is from last year when it was first set up, have since got curtains ect lol! It is chilly in the winter but I have a oil radiator and a convector heater and have successfully tanned even in snowy conditions :)

Dexy yours look beautiful, I'm well jealous.

Laura- You may need planning depending on the size and location of your property and the size and position of your cabin x

http://www.salongeek.com/album.php?albumid=7216&pictureid=51407

Aww thanks Lil'Gem, I like to sit in there for the peace lol

And Hi BronzeBeauties, its a cabin, its approx. 5x4m so hoping will be plenty big enough, and the cabinet in corner is a DVD cabinet lol, it's ideal for all my little bits and bobs though :biggrin:

Aww thanks Lil'Gem, I like to sit in there for the peace lol

And Hi BronzeBeauties, its a cabin, its approx. 5x4m so hoping will be plenty big enough, and the cabinet in corner is a DVD cabinet lol, it's ideal for all my little bits and bobs though :biggrin:

Im sure will be big enough! 5x3 is a nice size! Good luck! xx

Ok thanks for the feedback :)) I'm looking at making mine quite big, so I will look into the planning permission x x

Hi

That looks massive! This is my eventual plan once I move to a house with a side entrance... It looks lovely you've done a great job on that! x

Dexy where did you get your shower curtain rail from? I've been looking for something similar x

:biggrin:Thanks, I've put mine at the bottom of garden so people can go around side rather than having to go through house and tackle my 10 year old and my boxer dog lol
That looks massive! This is my eventual plan once I move to a house with a side entrance... It looks lovely you've done a great job on that! x

Dexy where did you get your shower curtain rail from? I've been looking for something similar x
Hi don't laugh when I tell you !!
I couldn't find a shower rail long enough to fit so instead went to the big orange DIY store (don't want to advertise lol) and bought a length of thin plastic pipe from the plumbing aisle about £3 and the fixings to hold it to ceiling £2 so for a fiver got a shower curtain rail :wink2: does the job fine seems quite sturdy enough as long as no one tries to be tarzan while having a spray tan !?:biggrin:

How do you find the shower curtain for spray tanning dexy? With everything ive got to fit in my cabin i would have to collapse my tent after each use or i think its going to look too cramped! Does spray tan go everywhere? Also what do your clients stand on? x

How do you find the shower curtain for spray tanning dexy? With everything ive got to fit in my cabin i would have to collapse my tent after each use or i think its going to look too cramped! Does spray tan go everywhere? Also what do your clients stand on? x

Hi BronzeBeauties, the shower curtain is more for clients to get undressed and dressed behind but it just goes in the wash and cleans up fine with any odd tan marks, I do collapse my tent each time but it doesn't look too bad left up, its just I'm a bit OCD about putting things back lol
As for standing on, I use the cardboard sticky feet and put couch roll in bottom of tent and once finished I've got a little round rug that's really soft and can go in the washer too
I did have to buy two matching curtains to fit the width of the rail though :hug:

I'm just in the middle if sorting mine out & going through solicitors

I have purchased 1/2 of my neighbours garden so 50ft & am putting the log cabin her side..

Once everything is finalised (been going on for weeks now) the fencing will go up & concrete base down

Was hoping to have the concrete base put down next week whilst were in Mexico for 2 weeks but things with the solicitor won't be finalised :-(

My log cabin is on order it's 30ft x 12ft. In mine I am having 2 beauty rooms, reception & nail bar area & a tanning room which will be all tiled

I gave started buying furniture, wallpaper for the whole place...

Not sure on flooring etc for it.. Can't wait to get mine I have run out of space big time.. Hopefully by end of Oct it will be 100% done

Hi I realise this is an old thread but wondered how everyone got on, I am looking at purchasing one of these BillyOh 5000 Eden Summer House - Summerhouses. Size 16x8

I am sooo excited lol, it is my project so will be doing the bulk of the work myself :-0' sourcing tradesmen etc, would be great to steal some tips from those that have already done it :) x

Hi I realise this is an old thread but wondered how everyone got on, I am looking at purchasing one of these BillyOh 5000 Eden Summer House - Summerhouses. Size 16x8

I am sooo excited lol, it is my project so will be doing the bulk of the work myself :-0' sourcing tradesmen etc, would be great to steal some tips from those that have already done it :) x
Hi hun
Before you purchase read up the reviews on this. My mum brought one similar from gardens direct paid just under 2 grand and it was a pile of poop to say the least. Its like fence panels put together to make a summer house. It was bowed in several places and was just basically rubbish quality took her 3 months to get her money back on it. That specific one may be fine but definately check out reviews id hate to see you throw your money away xx

Latest posts

Back