Log cabin/summer house

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Clarea077

Reaction score
Hi all
I'm a fully qualified nail tech and spray tanner, I used to work mobile but found it really hard fitting it in around family and my proper job (not in beauty) as people always wanted me late nights and weekends which in the winter was no fun so I gave up.
Now after two years im yearning to be back in beauty so I'm thinking of setting up a salon at home in my garden.
I've looked at so many summer houses/ log cabins on the Internet and luckily my husband is thinking of a self build early next year to keep the cost low.
Is there any advice any one that's done it can give us?
Also how did everybody advertise there businesses?
I'd love to see some pictures of your cabins.
Many thanks in advance x

Thanks chick x

Hiya,
Similar situation to me.
After renting out beauty rooms, I became mobile as you did and was no fun.
I soon came to open within my mothers Summer House and made the most out of it. My clients love it! It's so serene and private. The smell of wood is lovely.
Electricity had been fitted. The right radiators and lighting and a lot of other substantial plans to consider, health and safety, licenses etc. then your set.
Then after all that, gain your clients and existing clientele, referrals, and investments in marketing and advertising.
Great great great idea, go for it!

Last edited:
What sort of health/safety/licences did you need? I know I don't need planning or building regulations because it won't be big enough.

You just need your normal public liability as you would for anywhere else your treatment insurances are separate to that.

You need to inform your home, buildings and contents insurance too.
I can't get my cabin insured at all and my house insurance doubled despite clients not going into my house at all.
However still best thing I ever done go for it?
Good luck

Latest posts

Back