Log cabin

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EssexFreelance

Reaction score
So I’ve decided to venture into the world of having a garden salon.

All the posts I’ve read are where people have had husbands/ partners /dad build them and I don’t have that sort of husband [emoji85]

We have space for an 8x3m

I have a builder quote to put in waste, foundations, 1st electrics, etc for £3k

I’ve looked at dunster for cabins for around £3.5k but I need someone to build it and they don’t so not sure where to look

Then I need to get furniture and second phase electrics sockets etc

Any hints and tips??

All the posts I’ve read are where people have had husbands/ partners /dad build them and I don’t have that sort of husband [emoji85]

I’ve looked at dunster for cabins for around £3.5k but I need someone to build it and they don’t so not sure where to look

Any hints and tips??
hi, sounds perfect and something I wanted to do. I looked at garden building direct, but dunster had thicker panels which would be better in the winter. unfortunately I can't have mine though as my council said I couldn't run a business from it, have you checked with yours? before you start I would ask x

hi, sounds perfect and something I wanted to do. I looked at garden building direct, but dunster had thicker panels which would be better in the winter. unfortunately I can't have mine though as my council said I couldn't run a business from it, have you checked with yours? before you start I would ask x

Yes I checked - do you own the house?

Yes I checked - do you own the house?
they didn't ask if I owned the house at all just was a straight no :(
it amazes me how different council's are being about this!

Any hints and tips??

My other half built mine and builds them for work too, his Facebook page is Essex garden studios. https://m.facebook.com/essexgardenstudios/?locale2=en_GB

Any hints and tips??
Hi

Hi I’m in the same position wanting to branch out to my own cabin but not sure if il get permission ? Well done on getting yours
Il keep checking on your posts to see how your getting on . Good luck xx

As Kellymare says, you need to check with your council first. Mine will charge me business rates if I do this. You could also check if you have only electrics but no plumbing whether this would come under the same rules. I know my council would remove the rates if I took out all the toilet, kitchenette and plumbing.

Sounds wonderful, best of luck!

How do you deal with the soak away water in the cabin?

How do you deal with the soak away water in the cabin?

What do you mean by soakaway, for rainwater or sink water? Rain water should go into a soak away or storm drains but sink water would have to be linked up to the foul drainage x

Somebody once mentioned to me that to have a septic tank to collect the sink water and then drain it away in to main home drains. X

Somebody once mentioned to me that to have a septic tank to collect the sink water and then drain it away in to main home drains. X

Septic tanks are for when you’re not on the main drainage that need to be cleaned out regularly. Just hook it up to the main foulage system x

Latest posts

Back