Logo design and web design/hosting

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

katie-k

Reaction score
Hi all,

Could anyone help with this please? I need a logo and website asap.
I've already contacts verve and the web side of things r too busy to take on any more work so I need someone other than them please?
Also need business card etc etc. Not bothered about going too cheap either as I am prepared to pay for quality xxxx

PMing you some contact details :)

My brother is a graphic and web designer, he does a lot of work for big company's as well as the police lol he also does freelance at same quality but good prices, he's web is design jobber I think for his own work. Let me know and I can give to his details. Without being biased he is really good and can come up with Something really unique that stands out from the rest. Just let me know x

Have a look on Twitter, there are numerous small companies offering website setups, logos, stationery design etc

If you look on eBay there are also numerous 'graphic design' packages e.g stationery (biz card, comp slip & letterhead), logo etc. most of them have links do that you can see their other work.

I've had a quote for £195 for 5-10 pages, with full CMS and lifetime tech support.

Use #purplebiz and/or #bizipig and am sure you'll get numerous contacts if you tweet that you're looking for a company

I must have missed something here :)

I didn't say I was too busy to do a logo (I've actually just done one for you that you wanted a tweak on- which I emailed you today and said was fine for me to do and half an hours work!) or a card!

We did suggest that you wanted a website that was outside the remit of my friend Ruths's current offering....but we're seperate companies- the web design is different to the logo and print design.

Admittedly I said I was on my hols this coming Friday- but didn't say I wouldnt do it! People on here know im FAR too needy to turn down business! lol and I'm currently doing seven day weeks to make sure I don't keep people hanging on! :)

Last edited:
Sorry, I need to clarify the situation here; most of the websites that Carl and I do together are reasonably quick and straightforward to set up, and thus priced accordingly (despite being of good quality for the price); whereas what I ascertained that you were wanting was a complex and highly bespoke website with lots of flashy jQuery functionality - that would have taken over a week of development work, and would have probably cost over a grand to set up altogether.

For the majority of sites that Carl and I do together, we also have a very efficient process in place, where Carl sends me the graphics, I then send them to a freelancer that I use who creates the HTML and CSS for the website, which I then use to set the website up in the content management system, and the client can then use the content management system to easily add the content to the website themselves, with me on hand to help where necessary (which keeps costs to a minimum, as I am focusing on tech stuff rather than spending time typing in treatment menus or uploading pics or whatnot). So it's possible to fit these websites around the IT consultancy work that I am also doing for 4 or 5 days a week at the moment.

Whereas taking on a really complicated bespoke website would take too much time up to be able to deliver within an acceptable time frame, so it wouldn't be fair to do so and end up keeping the client waiting for longer than I would consider acceptable.

Eventually though, I am hoping to be able to end the consultancy work and just focus on the web work, in which case I would then be happy to take on more complex websites - which would, however, be several times more expensive than the majority of websites that I am creating with Carl at the moment.

Hope that clarifies the situation :hug:

Oops sorry Carl. I think your work is great. It's just that I want to keep it all together with one company if you know what I mean. You know how bad I am at explaining what I want so it just makes sense to explain the once and have same person do website and business cards, marketing material etc. Hope u undersand. Maybe u could team up with someone else too as I know a lot of people just like to go with the one person for everything. Especially if they're pains like me :)

Thanks ladies for the advice. I've just been on 1&1 web builder. Would highly recommend this site. It took me just one day to complete. Granted, I'll hve to spend a couple days tweaking it but it's just how I imagined I wanted my site and it's free!!!! Yay! And u can still use Carl from verve as he can design yr logo and graphics and u simply copy and paste them into the template. I'm no techie but I'm so happy with this site. x

Oops sorry Carl. I think your work is great. It's just that I want to keep it all together with one company if you know what I mean. You know how bad I am at explaining what I want so it just makes sense to explain the once and have same person do website and business cards, marketing material etc. Hope u undersand. Maybe u could team up with someone else too as I know a lot of people just like to go with the one person for everything. Especially if they're pains like me :)

Thanks ladies for the advice. I've just been on 1&1 web builder. Would highly recommend this site. It took me just one day to complete. Granted, I'll hve to spend a couple days tweaking it but it's just how I imagined I wanted my site and it's free!!!! Yay! And u can still use Carl from verve as he can design yr logo and graphics and u simply copy and paste them into the template. I'm no techie but I'm so happy with this site. x

May I just say that working with Carl and Ruth is kind of like working with one person!!

I didn't find myself having to explain myself twice over and it worked out really well.

Take a look at my website if you would like.

Beauty Salon in Frimley, Surrey - Welcome

I really like your website Kirsty - that's perfect! I'll definately speak to them about cards etc as already dont my site now x

Latest posts

Back