London Hair Academy or London Hair Training School

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lisa_

Reaction score
Hi

My friend is thinking of doing an intense 12 week ITEC NVQ hairdressing course at London Hair Training School or London Hair Academy, however, we have seen quite a few bad reviews that were posted last year and I just wanted some advice as a lot of the 'schools' have bad comments and she is finding it really difficult to choose one.

They also offer an ITEC NVQ certificate - is this well recognised in the hair industry or if she was to work in a Salon after or get insured if she was to do her own business at home?

My friend is also interested in the 30 weeks NVQ at Saks.

I would be really great for any comments you have regarding the above.

Hi Lisa!

I'm very new to all this hairdressing stuff (thought I'd register on this forum to answer some of my own questions!) but just a quick thought - have you gone to see the schools? Maybe that would put your mind at ease?

Not sure about the ITEC part (as I said I'm new to all this!!) but I've been told an NVQ is recognised and is what you need to get started!

Let me know what they are like??

I don't have the money to start any courses yet, but I've been looking into a few places, but they are all SO expensive!

Hey .. I trained privately in an academy in cheshunt however I looked into the London academy and was put of by so many bad reviews and the fact that you can't really be hired on the qualification you get!
I trained to gain an nvq2 which is what you get in colledge and it's a six to nine month course. They have two bases. One in cheshunt and one on Epping (it also a salon) and I can't praise how well I was taught enough.. (lol starting to spin like an advert d.w I'm not lool)

If u want any more info I'd be happy to talk more if u p.m me (obv it wud depend of Epping or cheshunt was close or too far lol) xxx

Eppings a bit far for me!! I live in the south west at the moment!
I'm looking to travel (furthest) into central London

Did you look into any other schools in London? There seems to be bad reviews about EVERY school I look at! Even Saks have had some bad reviews!
I think I'm going to have to actually go up to London and visit the schools before I book anything...

Did you manage to get a job straight after?

Have a look at Vidal Sassoon academy, I trained there it was really good training, I must admit that it was a very long time ago.

Eppings a bit far for me!! I live in the south west at the moment!
I'm looking to travel (furthest) into central London

Did you look into any other schools in London? There seems to be bad reviews about EVERY school I look at! Even Saks have had some bad reviews!
I think I'm going to have to actually go up to London and visit the schools before I book anything...

Did you manage to get a job straight after?

Yeah I got hired whilst I was still training because I picked it up so fast (but I genuinely think it was the way I was taught)
I think you shouldn't do a hairdressing course unless you are going to be gettin an nvq2 out of it or I personally feel there isn't too much point as that is what salons ask for..

I hope you find somewhere I reall loved learning it all! :) xx

Also I had a tutor come to my academy from saks for a while to help out however I found that the way they did things were totally different to the way I was taught obviously they are good at what they do but I personally found that all the cuts she taught us were more 'out there' and she ended up makin three models cry on numerous occasions as they hated their hair so much coz it was so weird!! But I don't mean to cause offence by saying any of this I'm not slating their name I'm just stating personally I wouldn't of chosen to train with them or work there lol. X

Hi Guys, sorry for the delay in my response, ive just got back from my hols!

Thank you so much for your replies. My friend chose to complete her training with Saks training school in the end, which i think is by far the best choice!

She said she went to see both these schools but wasnt at all impressed with either of them, she then went to look at Saks and knew straight away that they were the ones to train with. Just goes to show, you get what you pay for!

x

a few years back when I trained they didnt charge me for my nvq1/2 as I didnt have any previous nvq's and I was a mature student(in my 30's )that was at chesterfield college I would assume they all did it, Think if you over 20 with no nvq, u qualified... I just paid for my level 3. Theres STL too,think you get an nvq qailifivation with them but you would have to have a look xx

Hi

My friend is thinking of doing an intense 12 week ITEC NVQ hairdressing course at London Hair Training School or London Hair Academy, however, we have seen quite a few bad reviews that were posted last year and I just wanted some advice as a lot of the 'schools' have bad comments and she is finding it really difficult to choose one.

They also offer an ITEC NVQ certificate - is this well recognised in the hair industry or if she was to work in a Salon after or get insured if she was to do her own business at home?

My friend is also interested in the 30 weeks NVQ at Saks.

I would be really great for any comments you have regarding the above.

Hi there, yes I trained with the London Hair Training School, now the London Beauty College of the same address - well I paid thousands of pounds in advance to take several courses, I was encouraged to do more than I intended with the special offers that they gave me, without checking them out I handed over the cash on the day I started, I was very disappointed, there was no school just inadequate rented rooms. The teacher I had for the first course telephoned me to let me know that she would not be working there anymore as she had not been paid, the teacher did not turn up for another course and the same happened on two other courses, leaving the owner to step in on one day and refuse any refunds. The qualifications are worthless, just a printed attendance certificate Camden Trading standards have been involved with this company because of too many of the same kind of complaints - I would always recommend that any one interested in attending any privately run course to go to the school first

This thread is over 6 months old, and I hope the OP found a suitable course, I will close now to stop threads about this training school being bumped up for reasons that may end up breaching site rules.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back