London Institute of Beauty Culture

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I trained at the London Institute of Beauty Culture hundreds of years ago (1987) and in all my years as a beauty therapist have never met anyone else who did or has heard of it!
It was on Tottenham Court Road in London and run by the Morris's.
I did CIBTAC and CIDESCO and it was really hard work in those days but I absolutely loved it!
Just wondered if any geeks had trained there at all/around the same time so we could "compare notes" and reassure me that I haven't imagined it all!!
Sx

Hi Sara X

I was the first registrar at LIBC during the eighties and yes the students really did have to work very hard there as did Mr. Ken and all the tutors, good times though! I remember when Loukia Nicola first arrived on the LIBC doorstep - she was very impressive and I told Mr Ken to accept her as a student straight away.
Margaret

Hi Sara X

I was the first registrar at LIBC during the eighties and yes the students really did have to work very hard there as did Mr. Ken and all the tutors, good times though! I remember when Loukia Nicola first arrived on the LIBC doorstep - she was very impressive and I told Mr Ken to accept her as a student straight away.
Margaret

So you know, this thread was created in 10 years ago, and the original poster has been absent for the last 5 of those!

Oops, I always forget to look at the dates . . . .

Maybe others who attended courses there might respond but thank you for advising me. Take care.

So you know, this thread was created in 10 years ago, and the original poster has been absent for the last 5 of those!
Many thanks for the update
M

I used to go partying with Loukia Nicola when I was a student there in 76 by then she was a teacher there , she was very impressive had a great personality and was very pretty I remember her well. And I remember Joan Thornycroft and Jo Whackett, bo teachers.

I trained at the London Institute of Beauty Culture hundreds of years ago (1987) and in all my years as a beauty therapist have never met anyone else who did or has heard of it!
It was on Tottenham Court Road in London and run by the Morris's.
I did CIBTAC and CIDESCO and it was really hard work in those days but I absolutely loved it!
Just wondered if any geeks had trained there at all/around the same time so we could "compare notes" and reassure me that I haven't imagined it all!!
Sx
Hi
I also trained there (in 1982), and like you have never met anyone else who trained there! Lx

Oops, I always forget to look at the dates . . . .

Maybe others who attended courses there might respond but thank you for advising me. Take care.

Many thanks for the update
M
Hi Margaret, don’t know if you remember, Eve Rowlett (now Hammond) we met at the London Institute And then kept in touch for a while after you married Fawaz. we are now living in Spain, and have been here for 16 years. I unfortunately lost touch with Eileen who was a tutor during my time there and I would love to know what happened to others on my CIDESCO course,

Latest posts

Back