Long lasting lamps

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

S15Beauty2022

Reaction score
I seem to be only getting 6 months from our nial lamps before they need replacing.

Is this normal or which ones are the best ?

Which brand?
LED or UV?
Why do they need replacing?

Uv lamp, i found the bulbs kept going in the others . Iv tried a few brands but at the moment semeli
Coming up to the 6 months it doesnt set the nail correctly and the pop off or chip really easy . It does say lamp will give you a set amount of hours ( i can't remember the number )

Which brand?
LED or UV?
Why do they need replacing?
Sorry I meant they are led the uv bulbs are forever blowing going so we use the Led

Never heard of the brand, I'm guessing they are a generic lamp ?

Incorrect cure (all the things you mentioned about) imply the gel & lamp are not matched correctly. It's better to use the lamp recommended by your brand. If your brand says any lamp I would be wary.

With regard specifically to UV, they do have a life span of approx 100 hours and will emit less light as they decline. Bulbs blowing regularly would worry me, they shouldn't blow. It could be substandard bulbs, faulty wiring, etc. I do know some lamps can be temperamental when used with an extension lead.

Bulbs are expensive, replacing them repeatedly is expensive and time consuming quite apart from the unreliability aspect in front of clients.

I think it's time to consider purchasing new lamps, LED is faster, the bulbs are good for thousands of hours, and more reliable. Ensuring of course your product is LED curable and you purchase the correct lamp for your chosen system.

So sad the amount of money you’ve spent on bulbs and lamps.

Please find a brand of gel that you like to work with, expand that brand line and purchase the recommended lamp.

Keep it simple.

I can't find that brand of lamp when I google it - is the spelling correct?
What brand of gel are you using, perhaps we can help further if you can tell us this.

As a comparison, I have CND LED lamps that are still going strong after 8 years and my newer system Lecente, their lamp is now over 3 years old.
This is normal for what you'd expect from equipment so probably time to review your brand / get the correct lamp.

Lots of companies e.g. Lecente, give you a free lamp with a minimum spend so worth checking out some well known brands for start up packages.

Thank you all so much iv had a good chat with the girls and I have loads of information to work with.
This is really not my area of expertise just thrown in the deepend to help out .

Latest posts

Back