long nails + contacts = ??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

fluffho

Reaction score
Hi

i've had long nails since 7th grade and i will haev to get contacts in about 6 months. cant get laser because i have to be 25 and thats not for several years.

2 of my cousins used to keep long nails but now have them cut down all the way becuz of contacts

im sure there are some of you though that must have both contacts AND long nails so if so please say so so i'll feel better!!

oh i am in the US so i dunno if the terminology is diff but im referring to contact lenses for vision correction

One of my clients wears contacts and she has always had really long enhancements on her nails. In fact she says she finds it harder to get her contacts in and out WITHOUT her nails on !!!
I suspect it will just take some practice !!
Good luck.
x

Hi fluffho

I have relatively long nails (about half the length of my nail beds) and I wear contact lenses.

I either take them out using the sides of my finger tips, if you can understand what i mean, or when i take them out, i use the pad of my clean index finger and 'slide' the contact to the bottom of my eye, until it slides onto my cheek, right underneath my eye.....

Sounds dead complicated, but it's not......just be really careful you don't tear them !!

Depends on length I think.. one of my clients w/ soft contacts wears her nails at 50% except for her thumb and index on right hand is about 20% to 25% and she manages very well....

I wear contacts and have long nails, i just slide them out with the pads of my fingers easy ! i find it harder without my nails weird huh! :confused:

i wear contacts and have done for many years ..i also wear my nails very long .i take my contacts out by using my index finger and middle finger ...placing each finger at the outer edge of my contact and then gently squeeze and the contct sort of pops off my eye ...simple:biggrin: ..to clean them i place them on the palm of my hand and use the pad of my middle finger to rub in my cleaner before soaking
hope this helps
debbie

thanks everyone. i do plan on getting the laser correction but until then i will have to get contacts, so i was a bit worried.

after im fisnihed with all my classes i will join the police academy and i would have to wear contacts. of course during the academy my nails will be short, but i have to be wearing soft contacts successfully for 1 year prior to the academy. and no way was i going to cut my nails! id have someone put them in and take them out for me before that!!

:-D thanks again!

I have clients with long nails and they wear contacs.........
What they did was................
When they went for their fitting , the optician advised and showed them how to remove and fit contacts , with long nails...........
So don't worry, they will help and show you how to do this, safley and correctly.........

One of my clients told her optician, that she would rather wear glasses then loose her long nails..... bless her...............but she to was shown and kept her long nails.......
HTH and cheers you up a bit xxx

Me too - Blind as a bat but long nails too.

I've had long nails longer than I've worn contacts, you get used to it and find your own way to handle them. I slide the pad of my index finger from the outer corner of my eye towards my nose and the lens comes out easily.
I must admit when I strated wearing lenses I went through a few sets as I tore them (these are soft lenses) but once I got the hang of what works for me I haven't torn one for years.

An extra tip in case you don't get this and will have soft lenses - how to tell easily if it is inside out or not :
Put the middle of the lens in your palm on the crease below your little finger and then lift your little finger so the crease in your hand bends. If the lens is inside out the edges of the lens move away from one another. If it's the right way round the edges curl inwards towards each other!!! Found this one really handy as I was always getting them inside out :biggrin:

B

Hi,

I have long nails and I use the same removal system as debbienailz.

You shouldn't have any worries.

Yvonne

so lenses can turn inside out hu.. rASPBERRIES! yet another element to the conundrum. but i get what your saying, Bryony so thanks for the tip.

people a lways say they cant have long nails because they cant do ANYTHING when they have them, but its like anything else, you adapt. people who are blind manage to live relatively normal lives and people with long nails can do the same. just a bit differently. i mean, i still play piano!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back