Long Rant,why can't my hair salon get the toner right!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mattyhilton11

Reaction score
Hey,can I you give me some advice :)

So I have grown all my hair to my natural colour(blonde) then had it bleached/toned at my salon and still wasnt happy as was too ashy so I bleached with XXL platinum and was lovely and white,but by the time my roots were due for a touch up it had gone a little brassy.So instead of using another box colour I went back to the hair dressers for my roots figuring seen as I have got the colour I want ,they carnt really mess it up.
But they did my hair and again toned it and it looks slightly darker/ashier but it was ok- liveable but not as white as it was.

So it been months and I get my roots done every 4 weeks,well today I spent a fortune in a the salon who I have used for 5 years and the colour is awful,I hate it so much I just wanna go back to black hair:/

Its platinum blonde but its got an ashy tone to it,and slightly pinky tones in other areas? Why carnt they just give me an all over white "playboy bunny" colour instead of this ashy/pinky tone. I can get it myself and I used to have it that colour it just goes an awful colour whenever they use their toners-Well the stylist and some people would prefer this colour as it is softer looking but I dont like it,I like it bright and white...

Their using Loreal Luo toners and personally I dont think their that good for what I want,I reminded her today that I want PO toner on as thats what I normally have but then I over hear her say shes used P1 & P3 which are ashy/pinky.

I have showed her pictures of what I want,even stated today I hate ashy and only like white "Gwen Stefani" hair. I dont no if its because "Silver" hair is "in fashion" at the moment that she keeps giving it me and ignoring what I ask for. What can I do? Will washing it get the pinky toner out? or will it need rebleaching?

I dont want to change salons because I have been going years,and I like the girl who does my hair and they do cut it perfect,and when my hair was dark they coloured it well-its just the blonde toners they carnt do right:/ They are a Loreal Professional salon so I guess the only toners they can use are the luo colours-Is that right or are their other options they could use?

Just had a ramble becuase I am so frustrated and I wanna call the salon back but I hate confrontation and If I moan I will feel akward the next time I go :/

thanks

You could maybe try a silver shampoo? That may help take some of the unwanted tones out. Sorry,that's all I can suggest xx

What do you say when they show you your hair when its finished?

what base are you naturally ? if you are dark it iwll be a real pain .. yes you might have got it bright white with a store bought bleach but your hair conditiion will prob not be the greatest ...
also if its too ashy you need somethiung to counteract it .. go back and ask them to try sort it , a good idea is do a few test pieces , good luck

I'm naturally a base 8(blonder in summer,darker blonde in winter lol).
When shes finished I didnt really say anything but it didnt look as bad under the salon lights,but at home I keep noticing this pink tinge and bits of lavendery bits:/ Its hard to explain because its not bright purple or pink its just a tinge to the white:/

I've rang the salon and she said to wash it with washing up liquid a few times and the toner should fade but if not I can come back in for another toner,although I dont no how this would get the purply bits out lol.

I'm gunna just keep washing it and treat as though I have left silver shampoo in too long(generally the purple fades within a few days)and hopefully will be ok,if not gunna go back I think.

I just dont get why she changed the toner to a P1/P3 when normally she uses P0/clear and its always perfect and I even asked for that toner :/

If youre getting hints of lavender or pink it could be because your hair is porous and has grabbed the toner straight away in some parts as the rest of your hair is still developing?
Fudge do a really good toning shampoo called clean blonde that gives a really bright white colour. Also it means you can control the level of toning as you can decide how long to leave it on for. If your hair is uneven in porosity the best thing to do is to avoid the worst bits with toner or shampoo until the very last moments to let the rest of the hair catch up in colour.

They can use richesse, symbio, dia color gelee or luo u have got to remember though, this sort of colour isn't run of the mill and no way near natural!!

The only reason I can think they used P03 on your hair was to neutraslise strong ash tones in your hair. This is a gold toner. P01 and P02 should be used if your bleached hair is too gold/yellow or you want an ashen look.

I think you should tell the salon you are not happy and ask them why they used the P03. They must have their reasons why. Its best to sort the problem out with them so that no problems will arise in the future.

:D
x

I dont no why my hair would be porous its only been beached all over twice on natural hair and its short and thick,feel really healthy.
I'm gunna look out for that Fudge clean blonde though,at the moment I have Loreal Shine Blonde Shampoo.

She toned my hair,then said I'm gunna mix some more! So I bet she used P1 the first time and its went Ashy and she new I'd hate it(having said i hate grey) and then put the P03 on to try neautralise the ash.

I've washed it a few times and today I carnt really see any pink or purple it just looks a bit duller than the normal bright white it is,so I'm just going to leave it as the toner usually fades anyway over time.

The only thing I'm worried about is the next time I go in 4 weeks for my roots how do I get her to listen to what I want without been rude.I told her I have P0 on for 3 mintues as thats what i have had for years and aways loved the results and she didnt listen and still put the ashy P01 on and then used a P03. I just hope next time she listens to what I like and have asked for.
She also cut some hair of my fringe when I had said I was growing it and not to cut anything off it,she really wasnt listening to me lol must have been an off day as ususally she is good.

"Bluerinse" when you say she could use symbio, dia color gelee,richesse do you know which one is the best for a white "barbie blonde" colour as I might ask her if any of these are better than the Luo.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back