Long shot. 80's music

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jhgiorgi

Reaction score
Around the end of the eighties my brother gave me his hi-fi. It was just as cd's were getting popular and you could still buy records. Now I don't remember the song or the name of the group but I bought a record that had two or three blokes and a woman in it. The woman had really cool short bleach blonde hair and was pretty. I don't think she was the main singer. i seem to remember it being a bit of a song/rap type thing. It must have been around 1988 to 1991 because I remember it around the time I was a college learning hairdressing. Every now and then I think of this and it drives me mad. I go through you tube looking at 80's music but I've not found it. I think it was a one hit wonder or maybe not a hit at all. I wonder if anyone on SG might have any ideas. :rolleyes:

Yazz? She was in a band called cold cut for a bit.... Or west world? Although she didn't have blonde hair I don't think?
Any more info?

Yazz did have a cool short blond hair cut and she sang a song called the only way is up ... Her band were called the plastic population.

Jacqui x

No it wasn't yazz. I've no more info. I wish I did. It drives you mad when you can't remember something doesn't it. LOL

She did "doctorin the house" with cold cut... I'm asking the OH he's a music mastermind...

Roxette?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using SalonGeek mobile app

Bananarama with fun boy 3?

Roxette?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using SalonGeek mobile app

It must have been love.... But it's over now
It was all that I wanted, but I've lost it somehow.....

Brilliant!

Oh it's gonna bug me now too lol!! I lurve 80's music (my era!). Any idea of the chorus at all?

Human League

Transvision vamp

Haysi Fantayzee (although she wasn't blonde)

The Belle Stars

More from the 80s but not blonde!
Yazoo
Bronski Beat (don't leave me this way has a woman singer)

Do you know if they were British or American?

Last edited:
Transition vamp?

Jacqui x

I loved transvision vamp - I wanted to be wendy james & tried just about every matt pale pink lippy to try & get the right colour lol.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek mobile app

You sure it weren't a bloke? - Jimmy Somerville had blonde hair and a right high pitched voice lol

Human League

Transvision vamp

Haysi Fantayzee (although she wasn't blonde)

The Belle Stars

Transvision vamp......Wendy James was so cool I loved them on TOTP !
Baby....I don't care!

If you can remember the lyrics...any of the lyrics, type them into Google and it might find the song for you!

(I've tried this a few times, and its worked)

Hope this helps x

Dream Academy - Life in a northern town

Annie Lennox - Eurythmics

Heaven 17 - bloke with bleach blond hair!

The Primatives (crash) - she had bleach blonde hair!

Strawberry Switchblade (a blonde one)

Kim Wilde!

Classic 80s track:
Visage - Fade to grey (might've had a blonde in video)

I'm gonna be awake all night now with this bugging me! (Along with Baby i dont care/it must've been love/the only way is up/don't leave me this way/this town (ahhhh) is gonna be a ghost town megamix blasting out in my brain!) Someone put us out of our misery arghhhhhh

Pepsi and Shirley (with or without Wham!)

No it was none of them. I'm beginning to wonder if I dreamt it or am just making it up.

Latest posts

Back