Long shot. 80's music

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thompson Twins, girl had bleached blonde hair shaved up the side, sang with two blokes, but more early to mid 80's though .?

Your making it up ;) NO we need to get this.

Was it fast or slow, a ballad or dance, surely you must know some lyrics ?

Therese Birch from Dollar

Madonna

Cyndi Lauper

Debbie Harry from Blondie

Any of The Bangles

Vanessa Paradis

.... does the winner get a prize?! LOL

It's was pop but I think it had a bit of rap in it. I've just registered to a forum called 'do you remember the 70's, 80's and 90's' and asked on there. Perhaps someone has a stash of 80's singles.

Sam Brown - Stop

Eighth Wonder (young Patsy Kensit)

SXpress

Utah Saints

Zoe - sunshine on a rainy day

Divinyls
Stereo MCs -step up

Ace of Bass

No idea what these looked like but -they're rappy/songy
The Beatmasters feat. The Cookie Crew

Wee Papa Girl Rappers

Technotronic feat. Ya Kid K

Wham....Wham Rap ?

Wow! I'm loving this! Lol. Memories flooding back....tears for fears, go west, hue and cry.....my deezer app can't cope! :eek:

Can you remember what was on the cover of the album?

Was the girl wearing a polka dot dress?! I think I vaguely remember a pop song with a rappy bit and a really pretty blonde girl in a polka dot dress on top of the pops.

Where's smashy and nicey?! they'll know pop pickers ;)

Wow you lot are ancient!! LOL

I can't remember anything else but MADNESS

We are young at heart ;)

Actually I grew up with my dad the worlds biggest country and western fan (i know the lyrics to every single dolly/tammy wynette/billie jo spears song going!) so that's probably why I appreciated my cheesy 80's pop as much as I did hahaha

We are young at heart ;)

Actually I grew up with my dad the worlds biggest country and western fan (i know the lyrics to every single dolly/tammy wynette/billie jo spears song going!) so that's probably why I appreciated my cheesy 80's pop as much as I did hahaha

Oh please...I'm married to a 'thigh slapper' aka country music lover...I try to hid his CD's if we're going on a long drive anywhere as I do not want to listen to Charlie Pride or Jimmy Buckley for the whole trip..:lol:

Oh please...I'm married to a 'thigh slapper' aka country music lover...I try to hid his CD's if we're going on a long drive anywhere as I do not want to listen to Charlie Pride or Jimmy Buckley for the whole trip..:lol:

Shame on you. That's ideal 4 hour drive travelling music ;)

Madness are still really big! My friend plays in their band and was all over the place last year lol (on top of Buckingham palace, closing ceremony of the Olympics....) I loved everything they did ha ha :)

What about looking up the Now albums for those years? Xx

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Final guesses for the evening:

St Etienne
Republica (although she wasn't blonde)
Voice of the beehive
B52s

Other than that, you'll have to think of some more clues about the song. Even a few words!

Last edited:
The Now That's What I Call Music website has the archive and all track lists going right back to the beginning!

Have a read of the track list and see if it rings any bells - just be sure to tell us coz its bugging me now!

www.nowmusic.com

Final guesses for the evening:

St Etienne
Republica (although she wasn't blonde)
Voice of the beehive
B52s

Other than that, you'll have to think of some more clues about the song. Even a few words!

I used to have my hair like Saffron from Republica! (that was 90's!) Loved her! x

I've found out what the name of the group is. TWENTY 4 SEVEN. The single I bought was 'are you dreaming?'. The cover was black and white. Looking at the girls hair it wasn't that great but I remember thinking she looked really pretty. Went onto YouTube and watched a clip. Not that cool but I was only 16 at the end of the 80's and the new dance music was coming in. I still might have to download it though. Thanks guys.

Lol

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    121.3 KB · Views: 71

Latest posts

Back