Long time to remove gel polish

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jennielo2

Reaction score
Hi there, I am having a terrible time removing gel polish (mainly Gelish). Can anyone recommend what acetone they use for removal please? I am thinking maybe the acetone I bought has been watered down. My method is as follows: I file topcoat off with hand file and cover the nails in foil wraps soaked in acetone. On average its taking 40 minutes.
My client is bed bound and has limited mobility so the method of soaking in warmed acetone is not suitable. Is it just a case of appointments/service will take longer due to the circumstances? Does anyone have similar experience with their clients? Any advice much appreciated please :)

You're waiting too long, the acetone would have evaporated by then and the product rehardened.

Gel polish should soak off in 8-10 minutes, be sure you file enough top coat off to allow the acetone to get to the colour coats and base. File until you see colour on the abrasive but not through the product and damage natural nail.

Never, ever warm acetone, you can apply warmth once wrapped with heated mits or a wheatie or old fashioned hot water bottle

I use an 80 grit file to file the topcoat, then wrap with acetone from Salon Services. I file, wrap, one finger at a time. Then leave for 5 mins and start removing and prepping from the first finger x

I'm having the same problem with gelish at the moment but just the newer colors they just don't lift off the nail at all I'm not sure if they've changed something in there formula?

Latest posts

Back