Long toe nails or short ?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

minky

Reaction score
When clients have their toe nails pedicured or gels put on,
I just wondered do most of the people go for a long free edge or a short neat one?

I find the most requested length for the summer is level with the end of the toe - a bit shorter in winter when we're all in proper shoes

Same for me really end of the toe in summer a little shorter in winter though I have a client who keeps them really long. I am surprised they don't cut into her toes.

personally in summer i like mine just a bit longer then normal.. just over the toe.. i wear thongs, or flip flops.. opened toe shoes mostly.. in winter i take the length back.. but i find that more uncomfortable then when they are long...

as far as clients go.. well most of my summer toe girls have no fe to speak of, so we don't have much choice.. but as we progress they are loving the fact that their toe nails are growing out and are asking to keep the length.
I have another girl who plays a lot of sport and she likes her fe shaped almond'ish so she doesn't suffer from ingrown toenails.. or get red blisters from when they bang in her shoes.

i would say definitely a little shorter than the toe...for safety reason (and IMO looks wise) i have seen some nasty black toes from nails being too long and some even more nasty bashed off bloody toes from being too long.

I like to do my clients nails so they have a little free edge,I would say generally they look more atractive if they have a little length(not talking long or curly:eek:,haha)So just to the end of the toe I guess.

I think it looks horrible when they have cut their own nails too short and then expect us to make them look nice.Would rather they were long when they came in so I could cut them to a decent length and make them look nice,cant put it back on but we can take it off(well,unless they have enhancements that is):green:

PLEASE , PLEASE recommend them to have short free edges..on toenails

If you look back through my threads (in my profile)
You will find a thread I did about my toenail in summer....
Omg the pain....
I didn't think they were very long at the time tbh..but since then keep my toenails VERY short..
There's no way Im going through that again...fair enough I kicked a bed base full force but omg ....ouch
and my toenail still hasn't recovered...I have to make one and apply it using resin .
hth xxxx

Latest posts

Back