Longer Lasting French Manicures

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Squares

Reaction score
Hello peeps,

Need some advice please on french manicures.
I am doing a client tomorrow who has asked me for a french manicure with an overlay on top as she is heavy handed and always chips the white when she does it (french manicure using nail varnish on natural nail). I use liquid and powder system but didn't know if there is some sort of brush on gel? Would I have to go on a course to do this or is it something you can buy from the wholesalers and just paint on? Sorry to sound a bit thick but been worrying all weekend and thought I would ask the experts.

Thanks

Sarah

Could you not just do her pink and whites using L&P ?

Hello peeps,

Need some advice please on french manicures.
I am doing a client tomorrow who has asked me for a french manicure with an overlay on top as she is heavy handed and always chips the white when she does it (french manicure using nail varnish on natural nail). I use liquid and powder system but didn't know if there is some sort of brush on gel? Would I have to go on a course to do this or is it something you can buy from the wholesalers and just paint on? Sorry to sound a bit thick but been worrying all weekend and thought I would ask the experts.

Thanks

Sarah

I have read your profile hun and it says you are not a nail geek??
Are you trained and insured to carry out the service? or does your profile need updating?? x

Hello again,

Thanks for your reply.

I had completely forgot to update my profile, oops, thanks for the reminder. I qualified this year and im insured to carry out these treatments. The reason I ask about the french manicures is that my client doesn't want nail enhancements she just wants a frech manicure on her natural nails but she says she is very heavy handed and she wants something else on top other than a normal top coat (normally use creative speed dry) which will make them last longer. I have read several threads about thermoshield, airdry, uv seals but not 100% sure what to use. I have a daylight uv light with a 6 watt bulp, is there a product which I can use for her that I can use with my light? Can anyone help??? Thank you xxx

If you coat a french mani with uv gel it may crack..

I would suggest a nno to her x

i have read quite alot about thermoshield being a good top coat for heavy handed people..... i have not personally used it...i use cnd super shiney and find that good enough for my clients.

Yeah i use that too Sian & mine seem to be lasting well.

Hi

Thermoshield lasts upto two weeks and just applied over any varnish.

Hi

Thermoshield lasts upto two weeks and just applied over any varnish.

Can you use this on regular polish and not just polish that's over acrylic enhancements?

Id go for a NNO in l&p, so it just needs to be maintained with rebalances, or an Indesctructable French (of whatever the term we use for it is, forgive me I cannot remember! lol!!) using Brisa Gel!

Using A Gel topcoat over enamel doesnt seem to work for some people! It cracks apparently, so you dont want that happening do you!

Id go for a NNO! xx:hug:

Yes you can use it over nail polish.

i havent ever needed to use thermoshield but it is for use over nail polish but im not sure what watt lamp you need to cure it.you can buy it from nsi but you need to spend £25 or more before you get free delivery otherwise delivery is about £8. here is the link to there website www.nsinails.co.uk

Totally agree about thermoshield, but I don't use it on every client, Super Shiney does the job so well.

Permanent french on hands (gel polish) could be an option - lasts up to 2 weeks and does not chip).

I have discovered many years ago that if I paint white first i can clean and make the smile so crisp, that people think the nails are enhancements! then use the basecoat, pink and top. It totally protects the white from chipping too quickly) Also capping the white polish slightly underneath the nail could make it last longer))):)

There are several brush on gels out there YN has a hyper white that is polish like consistancy. This works great on fingers and toes.

i havent ever needed to use thermoshield but it is for use over nail polish but im not sure what watt lamp you need to cure it.you can buy it from nsi but you need to spend £25 or more before you get free delivery otherwise delivery is about £8. here is the link to there website www.nsinails.co.uk

I have thermoshield.. 3 minutes in ANY UV nail lamp or 4 inches under a 60watt light bulb for 3 minutes. Have to say that I have only used it once on my daughter and I didn't have much success.. her polish was chipping off in big chunks within a few hours. This was over a Misa polish, haven't tried it again since.

I used to have a lot of trouble with chipping, I do a lot of airbrushing. I now use seche vite fast dry top coat and the varish doesn't chip! Even on Natural Nails. It's great.

Latest posts

Back