Look at my poor little gal's sunburn from her school trip, I'm so angry

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Crystal colleen

Reaction score
So Billie was on a school trip today at the seaside I smothered her in suntan lotion factor 50 but as we know you have to apply atleast every 2 hours well I apply every hour bit that's just me.

I picked her up and she is burned to a crisp.Now I know there not allowed to put lotion on them due to new school laws there not even allowed to put plasters on or assist with inhalers but I mean could they not have pit her t-shirt back on:sad: rather than just leave her burn.

Billie is not happy very stroppy not eating much and feels poorly it may be a trip to the doctors for her.

I'll be going up the school with picture evidence and telling them I am not happy.

Bare with me while I post the pic xxx

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1340133269.133353.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1340133303.165604.jpg

Arrr the poor little mite! Can't see the pic but I imagine she is in a lot of pain! Did she have cream with her? All the red tape schools have to go through seems to kill all ability to use common sense!! X

Oh No... I'd be so so upset!!

I haven't seen the picture yet, but can only imagine how you must be feeling!

It's so sad the way the world has gone and they aren't allowed to put cream on the poor kids, but, hey that's our new PC world for you.

Looks like they have no common sense either!

Edit: OH MY GOD!!... I've just seen the pictures, I'm speechless!!

Ouch poor girl :-(
It's crazy they aren't allowed to apply cream, why not let the kids help each other do it if the teachers can't or like you said get her to put her t shirt on.

no wonder ur ragin! i would be too.. my eldest is 5 so school is new to us, but i had to ask why they were not re applying the lotion i had sent in, ok i was told they couldnt as you said they are not allowed, but re assured me they would help her re apply and have they NOPE.. will be having a word too.

she maybe dehydrated is she drinking enough?x

Although teachers are not allowed to rub the suncream in for the children they are allowed to supervise them applying more themselves (if you send the cream in) and they get the kids friends to do a swap - they cream each others neck etc.. (bits you would struggle to reach yourself).

I wouldn't be happy either if my child came home burnt like that. It sounds like she may have sunstroke if she is off her food and feeling poorly, mayb try ringing the out of hours Dr service for your area and ask their advice on what you should do for her tonight as sunstroke can be quite bad.

Maybe when you go into the school you could suggest they get a buddy programme or something similar underway asap as there will no doubt be many children suffering tonight needlessly.

I'm soooo angry it's just ridiculous I mean she had a t-shirt with her it's common sence to put it on her.

All these new rules have now caused my gal to burn it's disgusting.

Your not allowed to pack cream with them all you can do is pit it on in the morning it took two hours to get them to the seaside so she would have needed more or a t-shirt on makes me sick

I always use the cream that lasts 6hrs when it's a school trip, in the highest factor I can lay my hands on.

I always send them with more too.

It's looks very sore and I hope she feels better soon. X

As well as pulling them up on what they have allowed to happen, I would be asking them what they intend on doing to reducing the risk of it happening again.

It's nothing less than crazy, to allow these children to burn when we know so much about the dangers of sunburn.

Your not allowed to pack cream i would be having a chat with head teacher about this too, they need cream and clearly they have not provided this so its up to us..

:hug:Oh babes, i feel for you so much, when my eldest was about 8 (we live in spain) and one of the spanish mums took a few of them to the beach, I put sun cream on her, and gave her more to put on, she came back like a lobster...(shes a red head with freckles) the spanish kids dont really put sun cream on, and the mother hadnt thought to put it on her, I was devastated, she was so sick, (and I mean vomiting) in some ways it was good, as she is now meticulous about putting sun cream on. Get her some of the wipes with sun cream on them, they are so easy for the kids to use, and she can just have them in her school bag. Cant believe how it is in Uk now with the teachers not being able to do anything...the teachers here kiss and cuddle the kids, put sun cream on give them paracetamol when they are sick, patch them up when they fall over over, just how it should be IMO.
As for the sun burn, put the after sun in the fridge, a tub of natural yoghurt from the fridge with a tablespoon of honey...smother her in it and get her to lie still for half and hour then wash it off, loads and loads of water to drink, some calpol, and put a fan on her whilst shes sleeping. Kids skin bounces back so quickly, but know exactly how you feel...xxxxxx

Great advice from Baggy there, make a suggestion on how they should avoid this from happening in the future. if they can't come up with a simple solution themselves then as usual, it's down to the parents. That is outrageous that she has been allowed to get that way. I'd be fuming too. Massive hugs to both of you :hug: Now get to school and kick some butt!! :twisted:

We had a letter home from my 6 yr olds school last week saying not to send cream in anymore as they wont be helping to apply it,but that you can now purchase the all day factor 50 cream that can be put on at home so lasts all day!!

I would go absolutly mad if my daughter came home from school or a trip with sunburn like that.

I was told by a friend that running a bath and attatching a sock with oats in it to the tap will stop it stinging and itching and take any swelling down.
I did it once when i got badly burnt and it helped loads.

Sunburn hurts enough when your an adult let alone a child.
Poor little girl.
x

Im all of her 7 years of life she has never been sunburnt ever not even a smidgin I just don't let it happen I am mortified.

Were putting cold towels on lots of water to drink ice pops to eat for more tasty fluids lol alo Vera and E45 cream if it starts blistering or if she stops drinking I'm taking her straight to A&E no question about it.

Im all of her 7 years of life she has never been sunburnt ever not even a smidgin I just don't let it happen I am mortified.

Were putting cold towels on lots of water to drink ice pops to eat for more tasty fluids lol alo Vera and E45 cream if it starts blistering or if she stops drinking I'm taking her straight to A&E no question about it.

Can you get to a boots and get her some rehydrating sachets? they taste like juice but put minerals and salts back into her xxx

You have absolutely nothing to be mortified about.

I really hope she's OK and hope she gets better soon.

My heart goes out to you both :hug: :hug: xxx

I'm baffled to why you can't send cream in. I've never even heard of this (although my son is only 20 months) I would be fuming if he came home like your poor daughter.

Is the dangers of the sun not more important than silly rules about sun cream?

Have you got a big bottle of solar oil at all? Put loads of that on her, it'll heal it real quick :wink2: xx