Looking after number 1

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Do you have the following beauty treatments choose all those that apply

• Total voters

Bebeautiful

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I am interested to know whether you have treatments - looking after 1. Although we thoroughly love what we do but we could sometimes neglect ourselves because the demand for treatment is high or we need to meet targets sales/treatments. I would be very grateful if you would fill in this poll. Thank you. :)

Last edited:
Hi

I tint my own lashes and get my friend who trained with me to perm & tint them if need once a month.. Nails I do myself when I have time.. everything else dont have the time or never had done...

I really neglect myself...lol:rolleyes:

What about you do you have time to be pampered?

Tracy xx

Hi Tracy thank you for your reply to my questions. I pamper myself once a week, I have a full body massage and another treatment depending on what needs doing eg waxing. That way I can have all my treatments over the year. I have made it a point of duty to ensure that I get me time because I have a number of children (as stated in my profile) and if I didn't pamper myself I wouldn't be the loving, patient mother to my children ( I only know this because the children tell me) and a loving wife to my husband. :)

Hi, i never pamper myself, everything i do is a quick treatment must learn to start having a bit of me time:hug:..xx

Never had time to pamper myself or able to afford it.
Once went for a facial and pedicure at a well known salon and to be honest it was pants.
The room was freezing to the point of my teeth chattering through the facial. They forgot to do the back, shoulder & neck massage that went with it. My pedicure i was left in a room for 20 mins after been told to soak my feet...fine but the water was that hot i couldnt stand it and there was no resources to add any cold myself.

Based on the above i now do without. I do my own nails as and when i want some on (want some on now but unable to do them as hand still sore after opp)

I NEVER pamper myself because .....this is the truth....i would rather give my kids or hubby a treat than myself. I use to cut my own hair until i found a hairdresser who does it for £5 and its a brilliant cut. I colour my own hair aswell, the only time i spoilt myself was at college where i used 4/5 colours in my hair and it looked wicked !!!!.

My moto is,i dont miss what i have never had . I would feel TOO guilty if i went and had a day to myself,it would cost me double as when i got back i would have to spoil my family.:green:

Last edited:
Hi
I try and have a back massage once a month or so, purely because of the aches and pains i get due to our industry. I have this done with a girl who rents a room at the salon i work in, so she does it cheap for me, otherwise i coudlnt afford. i tint my own lashes and brows, and pluck them myself, although occasionally get them back in check by the same girl. do my own nails and mini facials!

like sj says if i can afford to pamper myslef..as in spa treatments then i can buy the boys something instead.
i paamer myself.....i allways have my nails done luckily i can do these myself and my hair is very very important to me, and i am lucky my sis in law has done my hair ever scince she was a level one student using me as a model..she cuts and colours my hair.....
and now i am at college i have the luxury of thinking i can now do it myslef...pmsl.
as for other things such as spray tans...they are saved for weddings
waxing...well good old bic for me...
and facials......a good old home exfoliator and face mask....:lol:
money for the kids is more important than pampering myself but i have been blessed with dam good lucks and no need for such services...:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

yeh right lol

I have a pedicure and my underarms waxed every two weeks. I also have a back massage once in a while. I enjoy having treatments and like trying new salons out every now and again like a mystery shopper just to see if I can pick up some ideas, or see if I am doing a good job doing what I am already doing. Working on your own doesnt give you the chance to chat about your services with other techs.. apart from the Salon Geek that is :)

I have my hair done every 5 weeks too.

I always have a facial at least once every 6 weeks, sometimes I can't afford it, actually i can never afford it BUT I always explain to my clients why they should have a facial and I like to practice what I preach.

Would feel a bit weird if I was telling my clients how important it is to have them and then not having them myself.

Manis, Pedis & Waxing I have to do myself :cry:

I don't do any of those things for myself, in fact I struggle to get the time to book a hair appointment for myself let alone to get pampered.:cry:

I keep meaning to book in for an Indian Head Massage but never get round to it.:rolleyes:

omg!! i wish i had pampering sessions, i soo need it sometimes!!
the only thing i get nice is my boss cuts my hair and thats it,
i have to do my own nails, own tan and would love a pedicure or a massage in my dreams im afraid

I don't do any of those things for myself, in fact I struggle to get the time to book a hair appointment for myself let alone to get pampered.:cry:

I keep meaning to book in for an Indian Head Massage but never get round to it.:rolleyes:

I understand that it is difficult to find the time to pamper yourself and part of me feels sad, however, the profession that we are in is soooo "giving" and it would be really nice to know that somehow you will be rewarded for your kindness and generosity through your work, here's sending you a big hug :hug:

Last edited:
omg!! i wish i had pampering sessions, i soo need it sometimes!!
the only thing i get nice is my boss cuts my hair and thats it,
i have to do my own nails, own tan and would love a pedicure or a massage in my dreams im afraid

I understand what you mean lotus blossom, sometimes you really need some me time, and we are really tallented because we can do some treatments on ourselves, however, there are equally other treatments that we just can't do on ourselves and those are the ones that tap into our wellbeing eg full body massage, IHM ect. Well, here's sending you a big hug :hug: :hug:

I don't have anything done because I just don't like being on the receiving end - I just get fidgety and irritable.

The mere thought of massage makes my skin crawl

I don't have anything done because I just don't like being on the receiving end - I just get fidgety and irritable.

The mere thought of massage makes my skin crawl

Hi adelekeegan,
I understand what you mean because I know a lot of people who just hate anyone touching them let alone giving them a full body massage I suppose it would feel like invasion of the hands. I think that it would not be beneficial to have such a treatment and I am sure that you find other treatments that would make up for "me time" :)

The majority of things I do for myself. Nails I think are important to do yourself as a form of advertising, so I always do my finger & toe nails. Waxing and tinting I'm usually too tight to pay somebody else to do. I wax my legs, underarms, bikini, eyebrows and sometimes tint my eyelashes.

Massage is something I do try to have done regularly, but that is a matter of necessity, not luxury.

I do agree that it is important to have treatments yourself. Earlier this year I decided to start putting money into a seperate account each week & it was only to be used for pampeering myself, but unfortunately I still never do these things often enough.

I go for a massage once a month, but that's about it for me. I do have the time to be pampered, but not always the money. I do my own nails and waxing as I prefer to do them myself.

i like to have treatments ..i like having ME time...away from my husband and away from his annoying & whingy,whiney teenage son and daughter !.. sorry i don't mean to sound horrid i like children but i've done my time as mum with my own son who is now 18 ,all grown up and making his way in the world..i feel it's time for me ..ive worked hard all my life (as you do) i was a nurse for 11 years so didn't get anytime for myself with juggling work ,bringing up my son aswell as looking after my house and being the dutiful wife (when i was married to hubs no1)..now i make time for myself and never miss since being a beauty & holistic therapist...i like to have a body massage & indian head massage once a week another therapist friend and i swap treatments,then every 4 weeks we tint each others eyebrows & eyelashes ..i do my own manicures, pedicures,waxing & facials & all the little things such as shaping own eyebrows ,my nail enhancements get done from a CND trained Nail tech whenever i fancy having them usually for special occassions or if i'm going on holiday.. i do massage & holistic therapies so my hands are always covered with oil\cream and the like ..therefore i don't have the same privilage like i used to regarding nail enhancements as i have to keep nails short

Last edited:
wow janey you go girl, well done for looking after number 1, you know where you're at and you certainly know where you are going, I love the fact that you have done your work and now you have set time aside for YOU. I wish you a long happy life, and youthfullness always :hug:

Latest posts

Back