Looking ahead, spring/summer styles

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bimbogeri

Reaction score
Right guys, in an attempt to distract us all from the hideous weather and sub-zero temperatures (to all of you in sunny foreign climates :smack: :wink2: how jealous am I..), I thought I'd get you all thinking about spring and summer nail styles.
It's coming up for the time when the nails mags will start articles on what the shapes and colours for nails in the next few months will be: What do you reckon the spring and summer styles will be?
Is there something in particular you'd like to see, or anything you'd hate?
Or maybe you think that there are standard spring/summer and autumn/winter colours and it doesn't really matter what's in or out because you usually have the same favourites anyway?

I'll start off... right now I'm trying to steer my clients to a short-to-medium length soft ovalesque (just for you, Izzydoll ;) ) shape no matter what the colour because I think it's the most flattering shape and suits the most colours.. I can't bear long, dark coloured talons.
Colourwise people have been going for deep plums and burgandies but I think softer colours are going to come in for spring - pale, cream/matt colours or with a soft shimmer. And for summer I love sparkle and brights! China Glaze have just released Fiji Fling which has fab bright colours and I love the Orly 'Play' collection. Or sherbet coloured cream polishes or with a faint shimmer although they're very hard to find.

What about you guys??

I agree Lol, my own nails are natural at the mo and are as you say 'ovalesque' (lovely word) :lick:
I think soft pale shimmers will be in to go with the antique lace looks and on the opposite side of the coin you will have strong black & whites/red primaries, with a fair bit of polka dots going on...so get your dotting tools out girls, lol!

Apparrently we're going all oriental because of the movie, Memoirs of a geisha. Im gonna play around with oriental, but in soft bright colours, instead of the usual black, white and red. Been looking at kimono for ideas.

bimbogeri said:
(to all of you in sunny foreign climates :smack: :wink2: how jealous am I..)
don't be too jealous hun lol... we had snow Friday and yesterday and minus 3 last night :eek:

from what I've seen coming into the shops around here, pale seems to be the way to go. be interesting to see what colours they have at London Fashion Week and also the new spring colours in the polish collections.

Latest posts

Back