Looking for a bright virbant red that lasts more than a week?!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gemmalushhair

Reaction score
I know its nearly impossible to find a red that stays in the hair longer than a week but.... i bleach bathed my hair last monday from a 3 to go red. i used fudge headpaint 66.66 which was gorgeous... for a day til i next washed it. i then done something which i shouldnt of :eek: i used loreal feria from superdrug which i used alot last year as i found it tends to stay in my hair really well. but when clients ask me what i use coz they like my colour i can hardly say i use supredrug and not the salon colours. is there any proffessional tints anybody could recommend which are similar to the 66.66 that seems to stay a bit better???? plleeeeeeaaaasssee :green:

My hairdresser uses paintbox red corvette in my hair, its lasted really well i was suprised how bright it still is! xx

My hairdresser uses paintbox red corvette in my hair, its lasted really well i was suprised how bright it still is! xx

Now this is a fabulous colour I used to use it a few years ago on my dark hair unbleached level 4 and it was so bright and did last, Id def give it a go! Funny I was talking to a friend of mine last week who was after a bright red and I suggested she mention to her hairdresser to try the fudge paintbox range also.

Fudge is really good, but in the past when ive have really bright hair; red, magenta, pink, fuschia, blue, i cant fault starglazer, they've got more longivity. You could recommend the live range but i dont like recommending box hair dyes...even thou those ones are pretty alright (shhh you didnt hear it from me....nudge nudge wink wink) although to strip them can be so so so bad! xoxo

i had this prob abour 2week ago client had used a live red ( box colour ) and non of the wella or even semi's i.e directions was bright enough i used b red effirage never used b4 it was gorgeous i was recommended to use 6percent but me been me i used 12 percent was stunning and its called b red and the colour is called Red thanks Donna Styletto hair design studio - follow us on facebook for more info or advice. xx

Theres photos of me in my album and that was the day after i had my hair done and 6 weeks later its still the same colour. i got my roots done last night and my hairdresser was so impressed how bright it still was xx

oh thanks ladies. ive used red corvette on my hair before but only as a slice under my fringe and i dont think i left it there that long to give it a chance to last lol. think i will try that all over then see how that lasts. i done a client the other day who had a big flash of the cherry bomb thru her hair. her hair was base 4 all over it was really really nice!!!! xx:green:

Latest posts

Back