Looking for a good mini locks course at a reasonable price!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Silk Hair

Reaction score
Is anyone able to give me some advice on mini locks please? Just want some information on the type of hair you would use the method on and whereabouts I can learn the course at a reasonable price!! Any advice would be much appreciated.

To learn "mini locks" you need to a micro ring course! There's loads of threads about but 9 times out of 10 people go with belle, Oakley & studio 58

To learn "mini locks" you need to a micro ring course! There's loads of threads about but 9 times out of 10 people go with belle, Oakley & studio 58
I have done a micro bead/loop course so perhaps I just need to further my own knowledge abit? Don't suppose you would know of any good mini locks stockists?

Aren't mini locks just the same as nanos?

Aren't mini locks just the same as nanos?
Yeah pretty much as far as I'm aware. Its not a method that has really hit Suffolk yet seems to be mote popular in Essex and London area from what iv heard. But apparently you can charge abit more money for mini locks.

Yeah pretty much as far as I'm aware. Its not a method that has really hit Suffolk yet seems to be mote popular in Essex and London area from what iv heard. But apparently you can charge abit more money for mini locks.

I think Oakley do nanos.

Remi Cachet is the only place that offers a Mini Lock/Mini Tip course. You'll find that most other trainers will only offer a micro ring course which is slightly different.

Remi Cachet is the only place that offers a Mini Lock/Mini Tip course. You'll find that most other trainers will only offer a micro ring course which is slightly different.

Not really if mini lock/mini tip is the same as nano.

That's great, thanks for your help Il look into it.

Not really if mini lock/mini tip is the same as nano.

It isn't the same as nano.

I suppose I should clarify my previous post and say that they offer micro and nano ring courses. They may offer an alternative to a Mini Lock course but it would be under a different name as Mini Locks/Mini Tips is a product under the Remi Cachet brand.

I'm not sure if OP was referring to Remi Cachet Mini Locks or using Mini Locks to describe something other than Micro Rings.

That's great, thanks for your help Il look into it.

Your very welcome.

I don't deal with the courses personally so can't give too much information, however I should note that they are only available to qualified hair dressers. I also think that some of the courses offer Mini Tip and Ultra Tip together on the same training session if you are looking to offer something completely different to your methods.

It isn't the same as nano.

I suppose I should clarify my previous post and say that they offer micro and nano ring courses. They may offer an alternative to a Mini Lock course but it would be under a different name as Mini Locks/Mini Tips is a product under the Remi Cachet brand.

I'm not sure if OP was referring to Remi Cachet Mini Locks or using Mini Locks to describe something other than Micro Rings.

So what makes mini locks different to micro rings and nanos?

Nanos and mini locks are different methods. Nanos will use a pre tipped strand with typically the wire tip embedded so it fits the tiny nano ring. Mini locks are simply a very small copper tube for which you use an i tip extension strand that is small enough to fit the dimensions of the small mini lock.

Additional lengths are not entirely correct when they say they are the only company to offer this type of course - they hold the trademarks to the names mini lock and mini tip - but there is nothing unique about the method. Many reputable training companies, ourselves included, will offer training where they will teach the fitting of I tip strands using various sizes of ring or tube, and will also sell hair and tubes which are the same dimensions as the 'mini locks' and 'mini tips' from additional lengths.

So what makes mini locks different to micro rings and nanos?

If we are talking about Remi Cachet Mini Tips/Mini Locks, it's a number of differences. The size of the tip, it's smaller in length and it is thinner. The tip uses Memory Tip technology where the tip is reusable and will go back to its original shape after been clamped.

The locks are different to micro ring and nano ring, they are a different size and shape.

I'm not saying that they are entirely different, but there are differences. You could do a micro ring or a nano ring course and fit Mini Locks without to many problems, I hope I didn't come across as disputing this.

Your very welcome.

I don't deal with the courses personally so can't give too much information, however I should note that they are only available to qualified hair dressers. I also think that some of the courses offer Mini Tip and Ultra Tip together on the same training session if you are looking to offer something completely different to your methods.
Thank you very much for the information, it is definitely something I will look into as there isn't anyone that I can find that offers mini locks within a 30 mile radius of where I live and ots always nice to learn a new method. Would you know what sort of clients hair this method would be suited too? I'm thinking finer hair types?

Nanos and mini locks are different methods. Nanos will use a pre tipped strand with typically the wire tip embedded so it fits the tiny nano ring. Mini locks are simply a very small copper tube for which you use an i tip extension strand that is small enough to fit the dimensions of the small mini lock.

Additional lengths are not entirely correct when they say they are the only company to offer this type of course - they hold the trademarks to the names mini lock and mini tip - but there is nothing unique about the method. Many reputable training companies, ourselves included, will offer training where they will teach the fitting of I tip strands using various sizes of ring or tube, and will also sell hair and tubes which are the same dimensions as the 'mini locks' and 'mini tips' from additional lengths.

I believe I said we are the only place to offer a Mini Tip/Mini Lock course, which is correct. I did say that other training providers do offer courses and generally label them as micro ring courses, which is the course you offer. So I wouldn't say I'm entirely incorrect.

You may also find other suppliers offering something similar to Mini Tips and Mini Locks. You'll also see that they started to offer these after we developed and launched them.

I'm not going to get into an argument over products, you'll see that I'm quite unbiased and try to only offer advice on this forum unless it's related to Additional Lengths or Remi Cachet.

If we are talking about Remi Cachet Mini Tips/Mini Locks, it's a number of differences. The size of the tip, it's smaller in length and it is thinner. The tip uses Memory Tip technology where the tip is reusable and will go back to its original shape after been clamped.

The locks are different to micro ring and nano ring, they are a different size and shape.

I'm not saying that they are entirely different, but there are differences. You could do a micro ring or a nano ring course and fit Mini Locks without to many problems, I hope I didn't come across as disputing this.
What gram of hair would fit into the tubes?

I believe I said we are the only place to offer a Mini Tip/Mini Lock course, which is correct. I did say that other training providers do offer courses and generally label them as micro ring courses, which is the course you offer. So I wouldn't say I'm entirely incorrect.

You may also find other suppliers offering something similar to Mini Tips and Mini Locks. You'll also see that they started to offer these after we developed and launched them.

I'm not going to get into an argument over products, you'll see that I'm quite unbiased and try to only offer advice on this forum unless it's related to Additional Lengths or Remi Cachet.
Or rather what mm are the tubes?

We call it a 'micro ring' course as this is what most people looking to train in the method fitted with an I tip strand would be searching for. The content of the course teaches the application of I tip hair using every possible type and size of ring and tube.

Essentially all we wished to point out is that a consumer should not think that because a NAME is trademarked this does not mean that the product or technique associated with the trademark is in any way unique. Another good example being 'easi locks' which is another very small I tip fitted using a very small copper tube. Not unique- just a well marketed 'version' of a now very widely used technique.

Latest posts

Back