Looking for a good oil free eye make up remover

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lots of lashes

Reaction score
Hi everyone looking for your input please.
For those of you who perform semi permanent eyelashes what eye make up remover do you use?
Is it a professional brand or something you can pick from most stores?
If it is a professional brand is this something you retail to your clients?

Many thanks for all your help xx

I was gonna ask this too :)

You can mix a few drops of baby shampoo with some warm water and use 2 clean eyeshadow sponge applicators to clean your lashes,
it works a treat without causing any damage to the extensions or bonds and your clients love you sharing cost effective tricks with them, hth :hug:

Thats a great tip, but i meant to wipe off eyesahdow, will this do the same job Lou x

You can mix a few drops of baby shampoo with some warm water and use 2 clean eyeshadow sponge applicators to clean your lashes,
it works a treat without causing any damage to the extensions or bonds and your clients love you sharing cost effective tricks with them, hth :hug:
Fantastic tip, thanks!!!! x:green:

Thats a great tip, but i meant to wipe off eyesahdow, will this do the same job Lou x

Yes love it is gentle enough to clean the whole eye area without causing any irritations :hug:

Brilliant, thanks hun x

Dermalogica Soothing Eye Make Up Remover works well with noveau lashes.

I use this and I love it.....very gentle but does what it says on the bottle xxxx

Environ's 'Eye Make up Remover' is perfect for use on lash wearers as it's oil free. It is soothing and non drying.
As an added bonus, it contains Honeybush Tea Extract, which is a powerful anti-oxidant.

I mix up a small foam pump bottle with water 3/4, Johnson's Baby Shampoo 1/4 and a teaspoon of Baking Soda. It is the foam action that helps clean the lashes.

Have to second Dermalogica!
Love the Soothing Eye Make Up Remover.

Simple have non oil make up remover too.

Can't go wrong with the Dermalogica Soothing Eye-make-up remover. I don't think I'd be recommending baby shampoo. I've used this before and my eye's were stinging like mad. (no more tears one too) Could be a tad dehydrating to the eye area and what the point in having long, lush lashes with wrinkly, dry eyes.

Someone who spends roughly £70 on lashes, surely can't be too skint to buy a decent eye make-up remover.

I can recommend the Simple - oil free - one (I know its not a professional brand) but since using it prior to lash tinting I can honestly say that the tints are taking better and lasting longer -clients have commented on this too!!

in a mad panic i rushed to tesco tonight and bought the simple oil free one seemed to do the job will find out over the next few days :eek: no doubt.
The Dermalogica Soothing Eye-make-up remover seems to get a big thumbs up as well so I will get myself some and compare the two for my self.

Thanks again for all your advice
You guys are always a great help.
Will be back soon with some more questions xx:hug:xx

I spent ages in the shops the other weekend looking for an oil-free eye make-up remover and the only one I could find was the Simple one mentioned above.

I'd just like to add that its really good and I have started using it to remove my own make-up.

Was reading about eyelash extensions the other night...I see that the Carlton Institute runs a course...has anyone been on it? Any good?
x

yes i use this and retail it to my clients

Latest posts

Back