Looking for a low odour acrylic extension system that works mobile - any suggestions?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BlissedBeauty

Reaction score
Hi all,
I’m looking for a hard wearing, acrylic extension system that is low odour that I can use in my mobile business.
I did a quick dip acrylic course but I’m finding that it doesn’t seem to last and also The edge kit is pretty rubbish .
I’m new to acrylics and I know they take a lot of practice but I’m looking for something that I can offer my clients as an alternative to a uv/led hard gel.
I’m not efile trained so a system that won’t take forever to file would be good .
Any suggestions ???
Thanks
Gemma

There are so many great options out there for l&p systems from so many brands so it’s impossible to say what would be right for you.

Unfortunately most brands are moving away from odourless or low odour systems because it just camouflages the smell with more chemicals and has found to be even more harmful in some cases. I’m no expert and the technology changes so there might be some systems out there that are great for this. Maybe you will get some answers from other techs who knows of some.

What I can tell you is that it is hard to do mobile work with l&p because the biggest negative for clients is the smell and it really gets strong when you work in someone’s home or work space that is not equipped for this type of application. I don’t work mobile with l&p anymore and there might be some techs who do that can help you with how to set up a system for success.

Most brands and systems can be worked fine without the use of an efile. It’s about how you train and how you work that makes the job easier with just hand filing. When I trained with CND they don’t train you to use efiles at all and because of this I am very confident in my filing. I do have an efile because its a great additional tool for me, but I do most of my filing by hand because of the training I had. And I bet most brands will have strong hand file training and techniques that avoid you needing to use an efile. I love efiling for taking down old material or removing material when clients come in with an enhancement which I don’t know what is or if it’s to old and needs to be taken away. ( time saver in that aspect, but have done it by hand also)

Hope you figure it out and wish you all the best on your journey! [emoji4]

Why don’t you look at a n acrylic-gel hybrid. Absolutely no smell

Why don’t you look at a n acrylic-gel hybrid. Absolutely no smell

Ooh do you know if any brands for the acrylic gel hybrid ?

PolyGel By Nail Harmony,I love it x

Putty by artistic,
Bubblegum by one love,
PolyGel by Nail Harmony
These are the ones I’ve started looking at x

We will be launching two acrylic gel systems at Olympia Beauty:

• POLYTEK has nine colours, is supplied in 60ml tubes, is HEMA-free and very competitively priced.
  • OVATION has six colours, is soak-off (!), supplied in 30ml jars, is HEMA-free and our premium product. A joy to sculpt with due to the creamy texture.

We will be launching two acrylic gel systems at Olympia Beauty:

• POLYTEK has nine colours, is supplied in 60ml tubes, is HEMA-free and very competitively priced.
  • OVATION has six colours, is soak-off (!), supplied in 30ml jars, is HEMA-free and our premium product. A joy to sculpt with due to the creamy texture.
I’m looking forward to the Olympia show to check out products

Latest posts

Back