Looking for a mannequin head with human hair to practice hair styles, please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thebeauty

Reaction score
Hi everyone. Plz suggest a dummy with long human hair i can use to style and back comb. Thanks

There are the Emily and Kate manakins from Sally's

Thanks for rep hun. Does the manakin come with hair or we hv to buy separate ? thank you

I just ordered one from aliexpress. 100% natural hair, 26 inches for 42$, free delivery.

I 2nd Aliexpress.

Most of the heads you'll see on ebay are made in China anyway. But be careful because you might get a head and it will be human hair, you can tell it's human hair when it comes, but it's almost unusable after the first wash because the hair is so damaged and the ends just go to nothing.

If you can afford it look for a competition mannequin head by HairArt, but a cheaper alternative would be something by Sibel.

I 2nd Aliexpress.

Most of the heads you'll see on ebay are made in China anyway. But be careful because you might get a head and it will be human hair, you can tell it's human hair when it comes, but it's almost unusable after the first wash because the hair is so damaged and the ends just go to nothing.

If you can afford it look for a competition mannequin head by HairArt, but a cheaper alternative would be something by Sibel.

I've got a HairArt comp mannequin. The one with the shoulders, the hair is sooooooooo thick on them.

Have you? Im jealous. What one have you got? And what made you get it?
How much was it? If you don't mind me asking.

I have a headgear one [emoji107]
It has like 3 wisps on the end. But I don't wanna cut too much off because I have a hair up course soon! X

Have you? Im jealous. What one have you got? And what made you get it?
How much was it? If you don't mind me asking.

Its the 20 inch competition mannequin, she came with eyelashes and has pierced ears too!

I think it was around £180 including delivery.

Where did you get that Cam? Do you watch some Youtube channel called 'Womenbeauty1' ? The head she uses look lovely, the hair is like silk. Im sure she uses Hairart heads. I know the salon guy does.

I got it from the HairArt website.

Nope, I don't watch her. I have watched the salonguy though.

Where did you get that Cam? Do you watch some Youtube channel called 'Womenbeauty1' ? The head she uses look lovely, the hair is like silk. Im sure she uses Hairart heads. I know the salon guy does.
Thanks alot evryone for help. Yes i hv seen womenbeauty1 and absolutely in lov wd her work and training head. Wonder whr she gets thm from. I think u mentioned its hairart heads?

Yes google hairart competition head and they have a website. The heads look amazing. It's better to fork out nearly £200 for something that will last you ages than £22 here and there for heads that get matted, wont take bleach/colour properly. You'll get a better idea of how hair works with good hair.

Thanks alot evryone for help. Yes i hv seen womenbeauty1 and absolutely in lov wd her work and training head. Wonder whr she gets thm from. I think u mentioned its hairart heads?

For information, we prefer Geeks to type using full words and sentences to enable everyone a chance to participate in the threads. A lot of our overseas Geeks struggle to understand text speak or abbreviations.

Spelling and grammatical errors aren't considered a problem although a post might be edited if it's deemed too difficult to read and understand.

Thanks.

Yes google hairart competition head and they have a website. The heads look amazing. It's better to fork out nearly £200 for something that will last you ages than £22 here and there for heads that get matted, wont take bleach/colour properly. You'll get a better idea of how hair works with good hair.

I don't think you need to spend £200 to get a decent training head. I agree super cheap ones aren't likely to last long but you can get something of good quality for around £60.

I don't think you need to spend £200 to get a decent training head. I agree super cheap ones aren't likely to last long but you can get something of good quality for around £60.

True, but because she loves the head Womenbeauty1 uses she should look into getting one.
Defo agree with you though. £200 is a lot to spend. I still want one though lol.

Hmm I'm just thinking recently of getting a new one myself for updo practice as I'm not great with them. Last 3 heads I've had have been the Emilys from Sally.

image.jpg
I've got 3 Sibel Jenny heads and they are lovely quality. Perfect for hair up and practising colouring techniques. :)

View attachment 190111 I've got 3 Sibel Jenny heads and they are lovely quality. Perfect for hair up and practising colouring techniques. :)

How much do you find yourself cutting off to get a solid baseline AcidPerm? That one looks super long!

Latest posts

Back