Looking for a nail/manicure kit! Need to order, help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xShaz_23x

Reaction score
Im looking for a kit for doing acrylics, the kit the college provide is too expensive as i am currently unemployed.
The things it needs to include are: Cuticle pusher, cuticle nippers, tip cutters, perry tweezers and scissors.

Can anyone steer me in the right direction? I tried ebay for these things but i cant seem to find a store that will provide everything! meaning il pay more for all the postage charges, hoping to order tonight as i need to do 3 sets of acrylics this week x

The nsi kit is fantastic. You get everything u need to do beautiful nails.
If you buy cheap products and a cheap kit u will not be able to produce a good set.
My kit cost me £90 I think but what I got with it was so much cheaper than buying individually and iv still got a lot of it left nearly 9 months on.
U pay for what u get I'm afraid but nsi is def my favourite

Have you tried Sally's? If you are really short of cash just get a cheap pair of curved scissors for your tip cutting as well and a very good pair of nippers plus a cuticle pusher.

Don't see why you need tweezers? Xx

Im looking for a kit for doing acrylics, the kit the college provide is too expensive as i am currently unemployed.
The things it needs to include are: Cuticle pusher, cuticle nippers, tip cutters, perry tweezers and scissors.

Can anyone steer me in the right direction? I tried ebay for these things but i cant seem to find a store that will provide everything! meaning il pay more for all the postage charges, hoping to order tonight as i need to do 3 sets of acrylics this week x

If you are unemployed but already enrolled at college you should be able to get help with the price of your kit or you local job centre should be able to help.

xxx

If you are unemployed but already enrolled at college you should be able to get help with the price of your kit or you local job centre should be able to help.

xxx

hi thanks iv tried they are very unhelpful!! im halfway through my course i dont know what they expect me to do lol iv just bought the things i need today from boots and will replace them with better things when iv completed the course and when im ready to venture out lol I will try sallys in the future but dont have the card yet i keep meaning to go in, im in the middle of nowhere lol thankyou xx

The kit was included with the course but they didnt provide the tools (i was a little annoyed about this i would have thought that a kit included tools needed to carry out the job but saying that i am rather happy with my kit, the product seems great (NSI) x

Have you tried Sally's? If you are really short of cash just get a cheap pair of curved scissors for your tip cutting as well and a very good pair of nippers plus a cuticle pusher.

Don't see why you need tweezers? Xx

The tweezers with the long pointed curved tips they showed us to stick the edges of the nail tips down with them rather than push them down with our fingers so prevents getting stuck to the customer. I did a set without them yesterday with nsi tips and product, but il do a set once i get the tweezer and see if it makes any differece.....
Oh here is something you can all give me your point of view on aswell... i went to buy a brush for brushing the dust off after filing, and i couldnt see one in the shop, i asked a girl if she knew if there was one in the store and told her why i wanted it, she looked at me and screwed up her face and said that she had done an acrylics course and they never ever used a brush to get rid of dust, that they just wiped it with a cloth, and looked at me asif i was mad... but every single time iv seen the tutor do nails she used a brush to wipe the dust away and also every video i ever watched of someone doing acrylics (like on nailangel etc) they all used a brush. Wondering what sort of place she learned at...or am i totally wrong? lol I wanted to argue with her but i just kept quiet lol

No your jot wrong, a brush is a lot better as sweeps across each part of the hand and nail getting into crevices, a cloth I don't think out be as good and everyone I now uses a brush

And your lucky to learn with nsi they are nab products, I use them as do a lot of others on here.

No your jot wrong, a brush is a lot better as sweeps across each part of the hand and nail getting into crevices, a cloth I don't think out be as good and everyone I now uses a brush

And your lucky to learn with nsi they are nab products, I use them as do a lot of others on here.

thankyou, the product seems great to work with im just struggling to pick up a large ball but il keep trying!!!

Hi there try and make sure u have a enough liquid on your brush when tryin to pick up a larger ball XxX

Hi there try and make sure u have a enough liquid on your brush when tryin to pick up a larger ball XxX

hi, i wipe from halfway down the brush instead of the full brush, i practised again last night and i managed a bit better, i also went a bit deeper than what i was at first and it worked better x

Latest posts

Back