Looking for a super dark solution?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tina67

Reaction score
Looking for advice - a super dark solution, dark guide colour, good fade off?? Been using Nouvatan 20% and have loads of happy clients with it but there are still some that want it darker!! TIA

Nouvatan gives a golden tan so you need to look for a brown tan, there are plenty to look at but with the changes made a few years back you will not find many offering over 14%, this doesn't mean they won't be darker than Nouvatans 20% though as a brown tan is going to look darker than a golden tan would.

Nouvatan gives a golden tan so you need to look for a brown tan, there are plenty to look at but with the changes made a few years back you will not find many offering over 14%, this doesn't mean they won't be darker than Nouvatans 20% though as a brown tan is going to look darker than a golden tan would.

Thanks Baggybear, I used to use LA Disco which used to be 18% before the changes it was always nice and brown not golden. Have you used LA before? Would love to know how the 14% compares?? My other solution is Fake Bake which is also golden.

Thanks Baggybear, I used to use LA Disco which used to be 18% before the changes it was always nice and brown not golden. Have you used LA before? Would love to know how the 14% compares?? My other solution is Fake Bake which is also golden.
I do actually use LA and the Disco still comes out a nice and dark tan even though they had to reduce the solution to 14% (I have no idea how) but it still works.
The Cocktail is also 14% but is a golden tan so you could try a sample of them both and see the difference between the golden & brown tans even though they are both the same percent.
Give them a ring and ask for a sample (or register online and then email them for small samples - I think it's 2 free samples at a time) and you can make your own mind up if it will be dark enough.

I do actually use LA and the Disco still comes out a nice and dark tan even though they had to reduce the solution to 14% (I have no idea how) but it still works.
The Cocktail is also 14% but is a golden tan so you could try a sample of them both and see the difference between the golden & brown tans even though they are both the same percent.
Give them a ring and ask for a sample (or register online and then email them for small samples - I think it's 2 free samples at a time) and you can make your own mind up if it will be dark enough.

That sounds great, I was mortified when they stopped the 18% thinking 14 would be too light so changed brands - will get some samples from LA thanks so much for your advice x

That sounds great, I was mortified when they stopped the 18% thinking 14 would be too light so changed brands - will get some samples from LA thanks so much for your advice x
I thought I may have to look for a new brand when that happened too but I stuck with them and tried out the new Disco and my clients said it seemed the same and they were still happy with it, the few wholove the FAST overnight didn't seem to notice any difference either so whatever they did to keep the colours when lowering the DHA percent seems to have worked (at least none my clients have noticed the difference if there is any).

Moroccan Tan do a 15% dark tan. I think it's their Exotic range. Have a look at Sweetsquared.

Moroccan Tan do a 15% dark tan. I think it's their Exotic range. Have a look at Sweetsquared.

The 15% in Moroccan Tan isn't actually that dark, Its also violet based which cancels out Yellow tones in the skin so is very very natural looking. If you want the super dark deep brown tan i don't think this will be the solution for you.

Hi Ladies,

MoroccanTan is specifically designed to look as natural as possible with low chance of overdevelopment.

However, if you are after a super dark tan, try MoroccanCoco 14% & leave it on skin for 4-6 or so hours (rinse with water only)

MT
xx

Try Laurens way 16% darker than dark spray tan solution

Latest posts

Back