SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

njnails

Reaction score
Hi, all! I'm currently studying level 3 nails (I'm from the UK) but have a level 2 qualification in nails. So far, I have no experience, my confidence levels are next to none and my anxiety is through the roof.

I've been searching for jobs and the adverts will say that they're looking for someone who has at least a year experience, which I do not have.

Please could you give me some advice?

Last edited:
It is really tough getting experience when you are just starting out. A couple of things that might help is asking any local salons if they need someone to help on a voluntary basis. It is a busy time of year for salons and I am sure you would be able to find some that could do with someone to help even if it is just cleaning between services etc. I know it is not the experience you would like but it looks good on a CV and tells potential employers that you are familiar with the salon environment. The other thing you can do is practice and photograph your work on family and friends. If you can build a little portfolio of your work, this will also instil a little confidence in any potential employer. Good luck xxx

As MissJulesBeauty states above.

Also, practicing on everyone you can get your hands on will help build your confidence. Best of luck to you!

Latest posts

Back